Carrying Healthy Snacks

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunflogun • Jun 23, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    One decision I made months ago that really improved my life quality and finances was to carry with me healthy snacks, mostly fruits. This way, when I feel like eating something between meals, I have fruit with me and I save money by buying the available junk food. Anyone doing the same?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep! I adore fruit, so I usually have some on me as well. I don't carry it to keep me from eating junk food.. I don't eat it anyway. I just love to eat haha. And good on you for not equating fruit with junk like so many people do. Whole fructose is far from refined. I am a fruit nut and I in no way have weight issues and I'm healthier than I've ever been. It's a perfectly healthy food.

3. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I also carry snacks most of the time. I love fruits. I put it in a small container or ziplock. I also love mixed nuts. Sometimes I bring sandwich. I been trying to avoid junk food now. I am trying really hard to eat healthy food now because my blood pressure is starting to rise. I am very particular with the food I eat. So i always bring healthy snacks.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I always put in my car is a container of homemade trail mix. It comes in really handy during photoshoots, and I don’t have to worry about what I’m eating because I mixed it myself. It’s nice not to have to rely on largely unhealthy food choices when I’m out and about.

5. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, dry fruits are another good option. While we look at it, just between fruits, dried fruits or some vegetables (carrots for example are really easy to carry and eat) we do have enough choices to hold between meals, be healthy and save some money.

6. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. It works to save money and health. Fruit can be so tasty and refreshing. Dried fruit tastes like candy. I also love granola bars and peanut butter on rice cakes.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always carry snacks with me wherever I go. Usually it's a bag of nuts, some dried fruit, small bars of dark, natural chocolate, a cereal bar or some cookies that I made at home. I can't say that I ever buy junk food. It has never really interested me. The closest that I come to eating junk food is the occasional bag of plantain chips fried in sunflower oil.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was working, I did a lot of driving to and from clients' homes, and with Houston traffic, you never know when you'll be stuck behind a wreck, so I always carried snacks. I mainly carried fruit, sunflower seeds, nuts, and granola bars, as well as pre-packaged crackers and cheese or peanut butter. Sometimes I would use the snacks as rewards for the kids I worked with, also, so they served multiple purposes. The fruit was usually apples, bananas, or pears, because they tend to be less messy than some other fruits.

9. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    That was something wise you've done Diane. If we are not carrying our own food it's really tempting to enter a drive through or something like that, so nothing like being prepared, when we do so less bad things happen to us. ;)

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are like my husband who would leave the house with his bag which contains his camera, credit cards... and snacks. His usual cargo are nuts or dried fruits. He said that snacking is required by his acidic stomach. His favorite is the packed chestnut that is ready to eat. He rarely brings biscuits or candies because he would be thirsty, he said.

11. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Ha, now you mentioned a critical point. I too have an acid stomach and if I stay a long time without eating I get stomach pain. So it's actually something really important to carry those snacks.

12. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Trail mix for sure. Sometimes just almonds and a banana/apple.
    I also do this with a water container.
    Sometimes dried vegetables too that I make at home.
    Not only does this keep you going and is healthy, but it can be a huge money saver too!
    Just think of how much money is wasted buying junk/snacks/drinks while out and about.

13. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a great idea to carry healthy snacks for two reasons.

(1) If you get hungry, you are much more likely to eat healthily if you already have the food there rather than having to rely on whatever you can pick up.

(2) You will save a lot of money if you eat things that are readily available on your person, as you will have been able to make these yourself.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do the same although admittedly I'm not as disciplined about it as I want to be. I think having some oatmeal bars is a great way to keep healthy when snacking and also they are very convenient to have and carry around. Plus, if you consider the amount of money you would be saving yourself in medical bills in the future then even if you have to spend a bit more for healthier snacks at present then it wouldn't seem as impractical.