Cars With Big Engines Consume More Gas

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Alexandoy • Nov 5, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am posting this thread because I have noticed in our place that people prefer the SUV and pickup with larger engines of above 2.0 liter displacement than the ordinary car with 1.6 liter displacement. Think of the difference in gas consumption. We have 2 cars, 1 small car with 1200 engine and the SUV with 2300 engine. For our regular ride, we use the small car and the SUV is reserved for out of town trips only.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    They consume more gas but if you have a family or church group, for instance, the trade-off could be worth it. Also, there could be a situation where, as with trucks, your hauling things. In that case, again, the trade-off could be worth it.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have never really understood the desire to have those big cars and trucks, but they keep selling so a lot of people must like them. Seems like a big waste of money to me.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Big trucks are a fashion thing, not sure about big cars, but probably the same. In other words, they look tough and impress the ladies.;) In that case, the trade-off for negative stuff is worth it.