Cash & Carry

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kbrad25 • Sep 11, 2015.

1. kbrad25

kbrad25New Member

Threads:
    If you have not been to a Cash & Carry, you are missing out! It's like Costco, but no membership, and the prices are usually lower. At Cash & Carry things tend to be in bulk and is more geared towards restaurants and such. If you have some extra money to buy in bulk here, I would recommend it because you really save more in the long run. I bought 40 lbs of skinless/boneless chicken breasts for $1.59/lb. How often do you see that price?! I also got a 50lb bag of rice for $15. Yes it's a lot of food, but if you have a vacuum sealer for food and a place to put it all, then at least you will have food that will last quite awhile. Where do you buy in bulk?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you've got the space to store or freeze everything and you know that it will all get used then it's a great idea. Some people I know will split the cost of a bulk buy and take home half each. You're right though @kbrad25@kbrad25, you do need the extra money to outlay in the first place.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy in whole at the farmer's wholesale market, because I dislike the idea of having to pay for a membership to gain access to discount prices in places like Cotsco, Sam's and others.

So that, Cash & Carry sounds like a good place to have look based on your comments @kbrad25@kbrad25, so really thanks for let us know :)

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I see a good price on something large like bulk and it is something my whole family will use, I will get it and split it up between the 3 families which works out for us all, none of us have the room to store large amounts of food at one time.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think they have Cash and Carry in this area. I could check tough. My dad used to talk about Cash and Carry all the time though when he was selling restaurant supplies. This was the place apparently to go to get your supplies. It was an option that the salemen could use instead of their conventional supplier. You can get 10 lbs of chicken here in one of the stores for about 3.00. That is about .30 per pound. The other store charges 4.90 when it is on sale, so that is .49 per pound. These are chicken legs not breasts however.

6. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. That seems pretty fantastic! I wish the cash and carry near me would let regular consumers in to buy things. It's a shame, but for some reason they say it's against their policy to serve people other than companies or the like.

7. kbrad25

kbrad25New Member

Threads:
    @Yosh@Yosh Wow, I'm surprised they won't let regular consumers make purchases at the Cash and Carry near you. I wonder if it has anything to do with the laws where you live because I know Cash and Carry in a few states are all open to whoever. Although it is geared towards companies and restaurants, they never checked us at the register to see if we worked for a particular place. Have you checked with them recently to make sure their policy didn't change? I don't understand why the policy would be different just because it's a different location.

@Pat@Pat That's a great idea too! If you don't have the space for bulk items, it's still a good way to save if you split the cost with family or friends. I think it's also a great place to go for birthday parties and events you know that you'll need a decent amount of food.

#7Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  8. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    It's baffled me ever since I went there. I'll head in the next time I'm there and see if they've changed policy. The person at the checkout (I think it was the owner, but I'm not sure) started ranting about how they would never make a profit if they sold to regular consumers. I thought money was money. It doesn't matter who it comes from, right??

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it, so I'll have to see if there are any around here, although I'm usually made aware of new stores by flyers in snail mail. I don't like buying small amounts since the per unit cost is usually a lot higher, but since I don't have much storage space here or money right now, I've been buying smaller packages. I do buy larger packages of cat food though, and that's something that i am always looking for bargains on. I will pass this on to some I know with more storage room and large families, perhaps they can make use of the information.