Cashbacktribe.com

Discussion in Online Shopping started by cashbacktribe • Feb 21, 2016.

1. cashbacktribe

cashbacktribeNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,

We've just set up an Amazon cashback site (

) which will give the customers the cashback affiliate bonus that Amazon pays back to the customer.

This basically means you will get 2% - 10% of your total spend on every Amazon (UK & US) order back if you use

It only takes one minute to register and works like this:

1. Use our control panel to search for the products you want. This hooks up to the Amazon API to search their catalogue.
    2. Add products to your cart - you will be given an estimated amount of cashback for every product you add
    3. Click checkout to complete your order
    4. You will be directed to Amazon to complete your order (we do not take any payment details at any point from you - all of the transaction and order processing is done by Amazon)
    5. When your cashback balance reaches £20 or $20, we'll send you a cheque for that amount (minus a £2 / $2 processing fee)

We hope you find it useful.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    it sounds like something that might be helpful. I do think that I will sign up for this because I do shop on Amazon a great deal. If this isn't going to cost me any money, I am all for it. I do not want to be involved with a site that is going to cost me money in order to make money. I have one question though, what is in it for you? Are you being paid by Amazon?

3. cashbacktribe

cashbacktribeNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Ke,

Anything we get form Amazon will be passed on to the customer.

I don't want to go into too much detail about how we hope to make money with it, because ultimately there is nothing to stop anyone else doing it also, but the idea is based on the idea that because it's such a good deal for the customer, the site will get good traffic so later down the line we might offer some onsite ads or promotions via our newsletter (which you will obviously be able to opt-out of). That's the crux of how we'll benefit from the business.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

4. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    In all honesty, this sounds a bit sketchy. Is it breaking any of Amazon's TOS to benefit from our own purchases? Will our accounts be flagged in any way? This sounds like an awesome option that I'd love to sign up for, but I am a bit hesitant. Can you provide any reassurance at all?

5. cashbacktribe

cashbacktribeNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,

In terms of Amazon TOS. Firstly, there is absolutely no chance of your personal account being jeopardised by using our service. As the affiliate, we will bare the responsibility of that. If Amazon do at any point decide we’re breaking their TOS, then our affiliate account will be closed.

We do have a contingency plan to honour any outstanding balances should this happen, so rest assured if you make any purchases through the site, the cash back will be honoured. This is the main reason we have had such a ‘soft launch’. We have only promoted the site on a couple of forums and a bit on Facebook. Just literally we have a handful of users using the site and this is on purpose. We’re doing a three month ‘soft launch’ before promoting fully.

Just to touch on Amazon’s TOS a little more, obviously we have checked them and found nothing in them that says this service isn’t allowed. We have also sent emails before we created the site and after it was completed to ask their representatives to make sure we are not breaking any TOS. Both times we received a response saying we were not. I must say though, these emails had the feeling of standard responses rather than any thorough investigation, hence the very low-key launch.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.