Cassette Video Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MrsJones • Jan 17, 2016.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have a collection of VHS movies that I do not plan on getting rid of. I watch these on a box TV that I also don't plan on getting rid of until it dies. I was wondering if the picture would be clearer on a HD tv. My sons blessed me with one and a blue-ray player so I haven't tried it because the hook up seems complicated. Has anyone noticed a difference? If not, I'll continue to watch them on my box TV.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm by no means an expert, but I'd be inclined to believe that the picture quality would be many times crisper and clearer on HD. I've seen it with my own eyes, and to me, the difference is staggering. If you don't want to part ways with your VHS movies, I'm sure I've heard there are ways of transferring your VHS movies onto DVD. I'm sorry I'm not being as helpful as you were hoping, so I hope someone more knowledgeable will come along and address your question :)

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Actually @Lushlala@Lushlala you have given me somethings to consider. VHS to DVD probably complicated too attempt on my own but I will see what I can find on YouTube. It has everything LOL

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The picture quality of VHS tapes was horrible so should you view them on a HDTV all that will be magnified. All the horrible things you hated about VHS become more noticeable when you watch the videos on a HDTV. It would be better IMHO to watch the old movies on old CRT TV if you have one.

But you could always test and find out if there's any improvement when you watch the VHS tapes on HDTV.

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @Denis Hard@Denis Hard. Okay you're the first for a negative tally. I psyching myself up to give at least one a try on my HDTV. My son has hooked up everything from my cable to the surround sound receiver. It just looks sooooo complicated... and he lives in Georgia so I can't ask. I just thought of something...the owner's manual, duh. lol

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just preparing you for the worst just in case . . .
    Why not take a look at youtube? You can find virtually any information you seek on youtube. Once you get it hooked up I'd like to know how it all turned out. Was the picture quality somewhat better? I'm sure though the audio will be much improved.