Catacademy - Fun Way To Learn Spanish For Free.

Discussion in Misc & Others started by gata montes • Aug 18, 2015.

1. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    CatAcademy - if you haven't heard of it before - is a unique feline based language learning formula - which uses the scientifically proven theory - that cat related images are one of the most effective ways of helping people memorize information and even more so if combined with humor - to teach language students more effectively - through a series of mobile games and cat related images.

Unfortunately although currently only available in Spanish - as it does look to be an extremely amusing and fun way of learning another language - if these are anything to go by

Cat Academy - I'm tired.

Cat Academy - What was that.

and has since it was first release in 2013 - proved to be a great aid for those who find learning a new languages extremely difficult - I thought this might be of interest for anyone looking to learn some basic Spanish - which if it is - you can get your free download here

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is adorable. I would definitely get it if I still had an Apple device. I checked, and couldn't find it in the Google store, so I guess there isn't an Android version available yet. It think it's a great idea for teaching Spanish phrases to those who are interested to learn. I hope they expand in the future, and create an Android version, as well as a French version.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Oh that is just adorable lol! I find cats super cute in memes and such. Well, in person they can be quite mean and annoying. Haha! I did not know that they can be a big help in memorization. I have to download this app to at least have some basic knowledge in Spanish. We did not have that subject in school and it is only through Dora the explorer that I know some words lol.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    This looks funny as hell...
    But I really have to question how helpful this might be.
    All it looks like is some loose sentences, coupled with funny pics of cats.

I really think you are better off with an audiobook.
    There's a million of them to download.
    Just walk around the house for 30 minutes each day, listening and repeating.

I once did that with an Italian audiobook for a couple of days, and I was blown away by the amount of stuff I picked up.
    I really wish I had followed up on that...

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    This is another site go my catalogue of language learning sites only
    that its association with too much humor and the fact that its in
    Spanish would serve as a disincentive. There is another site called
    Busuu.org and Babbel but most of these sites don't issue certificates.