Catering Or Potluck

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Alexandoy • Dec 26, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the olden days, our house was the venue for the Christmas reunion of my wife’s family. The order of the day was potluck. Fine. However, we had to hire people to serve the food and clean up the mess. After some years, my wife and I decided to spend more in exchange for the convenience. We had the food catered that comes with food servers in uniform who also do the cleaning up. There is nothing left for washing unlike before when we had to wash the big plates, POTS AND PANS.

Fortunately, some years back, the venue of that Christmas reunion was moved to my wife’s sister’s house. Now it was back to potluck but we have no worry because we just leave after the celebration. The burden of the occasion is on my sister-in-law.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Our family tradition has always been about doing a potlock, we had no worries as the potluck was usually done at my uncles house. As for the dishes there was not much to worry about for them as we all used disposibles. The problem was about cleaning the house the day after. Now during the holidays we go out to eat or I host a small dinner with my close family only since we live too far from the rest now and as before we only use disposibles and a couple of pots.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well you really cannot go wrong with either of those two, but for some reason which I am not sure of I seem to enjoy a good catered meal more. Something about the minimal effort is appealing.