Cctv Usage

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Aug 6, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The CCTV at home is for protection in case there is a break-in. Another benefit with the CCTV is that you can go to a website to see the views of the camera. This feature is very beneficial when you are away from home. Take not that the video recorder is running together with the tv aside from the number of cameras. All those electronic gadgets are consuming electricity. When you are away from home, you can turn off the tv if no one is monitoring it. And when you are at home, you can turn off the CCTV especially in the daytime. Think of the electricity that you can save.

2. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    That's a very good idea. However, you never know what will happen during the day, whereby evidence produced bt CCTV surveillance might be crucial. For instance, if a crime takes place during the day, the CCTV might capture the faces of the criminals, making it easier to identify them later when they are caught, and also act as evidence in court when they are being prosecuted.

What I think should be done to save on electricity, is that they should only be used in the necessary places, like the gate, safes and maybe living room. This will ensure, they carry out their duties uninterrupted, while at the same time keeping consumption within range.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think CCTV in the home is a good idea for those who are vulnerable, but one needs to look at the privacy aspect too. Hackers can break into it and then see what's inside, and if you rely too heavily on it, you still need to do things manually. I do think it's great technology can do these things, but what if it breaks down and fails? You end up spending more money on fixing things and time sorting it out.

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes employing this device is a good idea as the relates to home security and considering it has the capacity to allow you to see what is taking place even when you are far away. I saw an add this lady was at work and the system had alerted her that there were would be burglars at her home and she was able to see them. They were surprised when she ordered them to leave her home and which had them beating a hasty retreat. This is an example to show how useful and effective the CCTV system in the home can be.