Celebrities Making a Sales Pitch

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Pocs • Jul 31, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    My initial thought when I see these commercials is, "Ha! I wonder if they've ever actually used this product" because they probably haven't. For that reason alone, I don't listen to the commercials. Sometimes it makes sense, like if it's something they actually use (endorsing a brand of cleats if you play sports, for example) but not for much else.

2. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I do not make decisions based upon celebrities. I base my decisions upon the products themselves, the price, durability, if it meets the needs/wants of my family...you get the idea. If I am having difficulty making a decision about a product, I research it on the Internet to see what other consumers' experiences have been.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope not at all i don't care if it's one of my favorite celebreties just because they are on a commercial talking about a product doesn't make me want it any more or less.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Same here I am not going to buy something just because some celebrities are doing a commercial about it. They are getting paid to represent the product so they are going to say it is good whether it is or not. I would rather try it myself or what have you,, but nope I wouldn't buy it no matter who did a commercial on a product unless I knew it to be a good product..:D