cell phone service selection

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by footballtim • Aug 21, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I choose Verizon for my cell phone service. Even if you only need customer service once a year, it makes a big difference these days to deal with a company that does not outsource. Problems get resolved much more quickly. Like many other people, I am tired of not being able to understand the person on the other end of the line.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I had Verizon for 10 years and got fed up with their lack of service. The people were always nice, but they could never do anything for me. I always had equipment problems and it was always "not their problem" but yet I still had to pay for the smartphone package even tho my smartphone barely made phone calls at one point. My bill was ridiculous too, almost $300 a month. I switched to AT&T and at first they were awesome until it came down to an error on their part when it came to switching from Verizon to AT&T. All the fees that cost me from the error was ridiculous.

I decided to go with prepaid and only pay for minutes that I actually use. I am tired of contracts with any company and prefer any of my services to be month to month or pay as you go. Much cheaper for me :)

3. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    We have used US Cellular forever. I love the customer service. I also love the reception and service that we receive. We travel often and we usually don't have any problems getting a good reception from US Cell. We have used other companies in the past and haven't been happy with any of them until We switched to US Cell.

4. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I can't hear on phones so customer service isn't a factor to me at all. I prefer AT&T over Verizon because they have better prices and better reception where I live.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use Virgin Mobile for 5 years now, but they don't have good coverage everywhere. I live in the middle of nowhere and the reception on the phone is horrible. All of these cellphone services are poor in quality because there aren't enough cellphone towers. I'm using SKype for all my calls because it's not worth it to deal with the cellphone companies anymore.

6. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with UBI telecom but I 'm planning to switch to a carrier with a better coverage.

7. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I use T-Mobile and I guess it is okay. It is super cheap but I also lose service pretty regularly. I live in a big city so it doesn't matter because if I walk like 2 inches in any direction then I will have full service again. I liked Verizon the best because they do have a superior network but I can't pay overages because I used my internet too much; get out of here with that crap.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm currently with Virgin Mobile and I have had no problems with them. Virgin Mobile uses Sprint's network. Before I was with T-Mobile. I really liked them. I just intended to take a break before signing up for another two year contract. But I ended up saving so much money and the service was so great with Virgin that I have stayed with them a lot longer than I expected. In fact, I really don't see any reason to go back to a contract.

9. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    I have been with Virgin Mobile for a number years and haven't had any major problems with them so far. The only real complaint I have is that they don't have coverage in all locations. I'm not really addicted to my phone so this hasn't really affected my that much. Other than that, VM is affordable and has worked for me so far.

10. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    They're all pretty much the same aside from coverage area.