Cellphone Battery - New, Used, Or Imitation

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Dec 22, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had inherited a Samsung smart phone from my wife and I have been using it for internet purposes when I am outside (especially when I am in the car). And to have a continuous battery life, I bought an extra battery. The brand new is 5 times the cost of a used battery which the vendor claims to last as long as the new battery since it is also original. Another offer is a new but imitation battery made in China which costs the same as the used one. Well, I bought the one made in China and I think it is performing as good as the original. Just food for thought about China-made electronic items.

2. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I don't find extra battery for cellphone very handy. I use power bank instead. A good power bank can recharge your cellphone battery three times. Cost wise power bank and battery are more or less similar.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am very skeptical when it comes to buying a new battery. To be honest, I have tried both new and imitation one and both have given me bitter experiences within 3 months of purchasing.

While power bank is still a good idea, I would rather exchange a handset via online stores and get a new one. That I found to be very cost effective.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I have had a smartphone for a number of years now, and to be honest none of the batteries have been that good, I haven't gone down the route of buying a backup battery either to be honest. For one thing, a lot of the smartphone batteries aren't removable these days anyway, so if you are having issues then it's probably easier and cheaper to just purchase another charger so you can charge your phone throughout the day no matter where you are.

I've got a charger for home, one for the car and one for the office and even after buying all 3 together it came to less than what it would for a new battery or charging pad or dock.

5. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought a new battery for my phones since they perform quite well and for charging them outdoors I bought a powerbank instead of buying a new battery. It's more convenient for me since the powerbank can charge all of our mobile devices unlike buying an extra battery which would just power up one of the devices.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly trust any battery I bought that's not the original one that came with the phone. I have had some bad experience with buying external batteries for my mobile, they never last and keep disappointing. Maybe I am not lucky with buying batteries except the one that comes with the phone. I stopped going for new batteries for my phone I'm looking at buying poerbank instead.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am using a Samsung brand of cellphone too. It is Samsung Duos. It has already servicing me for more than a year. And it's original battery sometimes falters. It is easily drained. If the percent of its life has reached to 30%, I should be ready to recharge it or else it would go off unexpectedly. I want to replace it with a new one. Sad to know, that there is no available in our place even its compatible. So I was compelled to buy online from my trust online store. I got the original battery pack. It would be better to get an original or a new replacement battery so far.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    It's best to just purchase another form of charging your battery like a car connection or power bank instead. You can purchase the imitation one if you want, though because in my experience, they work just as well. My cousin was worried because she thought they would damage her phone but so far, they're good to go.

9. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I always prefer to get batteries of any sort, brand new. I prefer to pay more upfront than in the long run of things, if you know what I mean. It is so vitally important to invest. You always pay a bit more at first. Yet you save so much in the grander picture of it all....

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried a cheap China-made battery imitation on one of my older Nokia phones. It was only good for a few months but since it was cheap, like $3, I didn't mind that it only lasted that long. Now that there are cheap power banks around, I've bought one to use just in case my cellphone's battery run out of juice when I'm expecting an important call. My cellphone has a large 5.5 display and it uses a lot of power so a power bank is very handy, besides being useful for other devices such as my tablet.