Chandelier Earrings

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 22, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Ever since I was about 6 years old, I stopped wearing earrings. They irritate the skin of my ears, therefore making them itchy and have wounds. Anyway, I noticed that more and more people today are wearing chandelier earrings. I think that if I can wear earrings, I wouldn't wear these chandelier types because they are too big and tacky. I also heard stories where in the woman got snagged somewhere because of wearing such earrings.

Do you wear these? Why do you like them?

2. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what they look like but some yes. I have long hair and you can't even see tiny little earrings in it unless I put it up. I get lots of compliments on them so I guess everyone doesn't think they are too big and tacky. To each their own.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    It just depends on the outfit I'm wearing. Earrings are like shoes: it depends on the occasion. Some occasions are not suitable for 4 inch heels just as some occasions are not suitable for chandelier or large hoop earrings.

Everything has its place and time!

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I had the same problem and went to pure gold or silver and dipped it in Neosporin before entering the lobe and it helped. After years of wearing earrings this way, I now can wear any earring - I think something in my chemical make-up changed. They say a woman's body chemistry changes every 8 years. Now I wear all sorts of earring. The long ones are okay when my hair is down but it rarely is. I like a colored stud. Cubic Zirconium is sparkly and durable plus inexpensive. I hope you can wear earrings again one day. But until then, maybe you can try some clip earrings. A lot of antique stores have them because years ago women didn't put holes in their ears as much as they do now.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you guys are right. I just never felt that chandelier earrings suited me.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think all chandelier earrings are tacky. I think that like with anything it depends on the style of the item and what it is being paired with. I think a pair of statement chandelier earrings with an otherwise simple outfit can be a great focus piece and really jazz up an outfit. I don't wear chandelier earrings often because of the weight of them, but I do like them for special occasions.

7. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I wear chandelier earrings; but not during times when I need to work or commute. For a time I wore pixie cut hair and these types of accessories look best especially during formal occasions and stage performances.

Chandelier earrings also look great with a simple formal dress or blouse especially if you are wearing your hear in a sleek pony tail. It is not for extended periods of time. My ears tend to hurt with the weight of these earrings. These are meant for special occasions when you want be noticed.