Changing at Home

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dizzykitsune • Oct 16, 2014.

1. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    When you're spending the day at your house, how many times do you find yourself changing? Being as lazy as I am, I typically remain in my pajamas for the entirety of the day. However, some people change from their Pjs to casual wear and later in the day put on a new set of nightly close. I'm curious to hear how many people laze around as I do and how many put the effort into changing clothes multiple times during the day when you're remaining indoors by yourself.

2. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do the same as you and spend the whole day in the clothes I wore to sleep. The only exception to this rule is whenever I feel like it's too hot and I need to take a shower sometime in the day. I don't mind wearing mildly dirty clothes throughout the day, but if I shower I need to put on something clean so I feel refreshed.

3. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Generally, I'll wear the same shirt I slept in, but change the bottoms, put on a clean pair of pants or shorts. Now if I get something wet, (from washing dishes or whatever), I'll be sure to change, because I don't feel comfortable in wet clothing. So you could say I'm not overly picky about what I wear when I'm alone, as long as I'm comfortable.

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what my plans are for that day. If I am having company - of course get dressed .. and sometimes I just feel like looking decent -- but currently -- as a new mommy who is at home taking care of a newborn and trying to fit in time to spend with her husband and still work online -- yeah -- Im pretty lazy when it comes to my appearance these days. It's mostly yoga pants and tank tops or t-shirts and athletic shorts. Comfy and practical for what I am doing. I mean come on. I get spit up on all day long - no need to break out the good clothes lol.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I change my clothes whenever I spend the entire day at home. I can't spend the entire day in my sleepwear unless I'm very sick. I have to take a shower and put on my favorite lounging around the house clothes.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what all is going on that day and how I'm feeling...if anyone's coming over or if I have to run a few errands, I'll probably switch out of my pajamas into causal clothes- or at the very least change from pajama pants into jeans at some point. However, between my chronic medical stuff and the fact that I'm working from home right now, there are some days where nothing is really going on and I'll just stay in pajamas for comfort sake.

7. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Since I usually sleep in a bathrobe and not "clothes like" PJ's I feel more comfortable getting dressed even if I'm just hanging around the house. There have been days I've been piddling around the house and found myself still in my bathrobe half way through the day but I will usually ten shower and get dressed. I just feel more productive getting dressed.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just once normally. I wear my home outfit for at least 1 day and a half before I change into another homey clothing. I always set aside a shirt I use whenever I exercise or sweat it out. If I'm out working over the weekdays, I prefer to use my home clothes for as long as 3 days. They don't smell and they don't easily acquire dirt (as I don't stay outdoors a lot during weekdays). I simply wear them after a long day's work and change when they start to smell, which doesn't happen until 3 days later.

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I change thrice a day. I shower in the morning, so I change. I take a bath in the afternoon, so I change. Then, I shower again before going to sleep, so I change. It's very hot in my country, so not changing clothes or showering is risking getting body odor. :p

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I shower and get dressed right away when I get up. I do not like the feeling of being in my night gown while I'm awake and trying to be productive. I do not change clothes unnecessarily though. I usually wear only one set of clothes for the entire day if I am staying at home. On work days I only wear one set of clothes that I change to after I get home and get out of the work clothes.

11. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    I don't know how you came up with this question, but I love it! Getting back to our topic, If I am at home in my weekends, I change twice a day, I start my morning with my bedtime pajama till I finish my breakfast, and then after, I wear my sport clothes,which is something natural for me to do, and I stay with it the whole day until I plan to go to bed , which means, changing to my pajamas again, (Wow!! Yeah!! I know what you're thinking, staying at home the whole weekend!!?) but yeah, this is what I love to do usually! Get lazy after a hard week! Sometimes I change my clothes to a casual in the middle of the day in case I'm having visitors or I have something so argent to do out of the house! So, I change usually from 2-3 times in weekends!!

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always change my clothes at least twice. My occupation demands that I dress for the job each morning to avoid wearing out my casual wear fast. I must be in jeans, boots and if the weather calls for it, a jacket. After I'm done [it usually takes a few hours to complete my chores] I change back to more comfortable clothes which I'll wear for the rest of the day. Later in the evening, if I must get some work done, I'd have to change again.

13. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I always wake up and shower to change into my workout clothes if I am staying at home. I usually end up doing workouts through out the day.

14. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it depends. I generally change whenever I feel like the clothes I'm wearing are 'used up' or are 'not the right clothes for the situation I'm getting into' :rolleyes: (I know that's kinda vague---there's not really a 'clear-cut' answer).

'Whatever I'm wearing' usually feels okay for bed, but 'pajama pants' obviously WOULD NOT be okay for the neighborhood-walk to the grocery-store, a restaurant or a church-service---the first two of which depend on the weather (warmer clothes for colder weather, waterproof for rain, etc.)

15. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I only changed my clothes once after I showered for the night. In my opinion it's a waste of clothes if you change clothes without taking a shower. Today is one of those lazy days for me, and I won't be changing my outfit until tonight and when I change it will be a new pair of pajamas. Unless I'm going outside to check the mail or take a walk, there is no reason for me to change my clothes.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It depends on my mood or situation that day so it varies. If it's hot and I am perspiring a lot, I will change clothes to something lighter during the day and then change again when I take a bath during night time. Also, if I'm feeling a bit down then I might change into something more attractive just to lighten up my mood. It helps me a lot to do this even if it's just a minor change.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I change my clothes when I take a bath or when I feel sticky and sweaty already. I don't really wear pajamas unless the weather is cold, since I live in a tropical country.

18. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I remain wearing my clothes as long as they remain comfortable to wear, without smell. It could last to several days, particularly during cold season. But when it's summer, hour by hour, I feel like I have to take a bath and therefore change my clothes, though they don't smell yet.

19. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    There are active days and there are quiet days. During my active days I could change up to three times a day. I do some cleaning and some major things at home, then I would need to reduce the icky-ness and the dull feeling of being cluttered with things with a quick shower. If it's a quiet day then no shower, just a long bath at the end of the day. I would probably only change once, but I would wear my "work pieces" like a studio lab coat for working in the studio. When I don't have a lot of things to do, I just wear my jammies, which I really like. I like looking around for jammies at shopping websites, that's my favorite past time activity these days.

20. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don't change often when I am in my house. I wear pajama and t-shirt all day when I don't have any plans for the day. Some people like to change often, but it's too cumbeersome for me.