Charcoal Vs Gas Griller

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Jan 23, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our gas range has an oven and griller which got us excited when it was new. We would be grilling pork belly in the griller. But when we made a computation, the gas consumption is too much because the grilling takes more than an hour. Now we are back to using charcoal with the open griller in the backyard. It is cheaper in cost and the pork tastes better too. However, we still use the gas range griller when we want to grill during the rainy season.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is a very good observation. That is again a cost-saving for that matter if you use charcoal for grilling meat or pork. At home as to the process of grilling foods, we seldom are doing them for we are afraid the after effect to our health. It has been proven that once the foods are over cooked especially when they are grilled, they contain bad elements which are too cancerous as what the study showed.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    From medical point of view I have to agree with you. Smoked food are strongly associated with some cancers.

However, between charcoal and gas it depends on where you are. As in some countries charcoal might be costly compared to gas.

However, I use electric grill and to be honest I found it very very costly as it takes over one hour for just one lit of items to get grilled and we usually make a huge amount. So we stopped using it altogether and gave away.

Now we are off smoked food except occasionally when I use a grill plate on gas stove and get my business done.

4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I grill foods with a George Foreman electric grill and I don't worry about electric and gas bills because I use solar energy. I just use liquid smoke and paprika for that smoky barbecue flavor. Using a Charcoal grill will just start a scandal in the neighborhood as it will have my neighbors complaining. I also don't want to have the cancerous carcinogens.

I don't like using gas stoves because they are fire hazards. I will never get near those dangerous things. George Foreman also gets rid of the fats so I get lean yet moist meat.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I always use charcoal. Did you know that you don't need much charcoal, though? Sugar is very flammable too so you can sprinkle a fair amount of sugar on the charcoal or even on paper and it will stay flaming for a good while. You can even start a powerful fire with sugar wrapped in a napkin.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own an oven so using charcoal is the way to go for me. When I don't want to fry the meet we go out in our small back yard to grill our meats and add some corns to eat those grilled too. They are the best type of corn in my opinion. Plus grilled food is healthier and saves you a lot from the gas bill.