Chatabout.com Is A Scam!

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Destiny • Apr 11, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, he was very open about it, and I got paid promptly as well. I don't know anyone who cashed out on Blogjob that didn't get paid. While it sucked having to take the lower amount, at least I did get $25.00. I didn't have to wait long either. I think he will get it back up and running. This is one case where I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

@Theo@Theo noting that he stopped/reversed point transfers makes me think it might be back sooner rather than later.

As for Chatabout, it's not the greatest, but I don't really think it's a scam. It's low pay, but you know that going in. I think there are some login issues, since some of the accounts don't seem to be banned.

Like I said, guys, try logging in without going through Facebook (or maybe try a new password as others have suggested).

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good to know about places that I did sign up for almost reaching payout that does take over a year to achieve such as chatabout.com...I'm getting a problem with MindQuestShare.com...got a payout for April 18 that I'm still waiting to get paid for...has anyone joined them and got a payout?

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    ChatAbout is definitely not a trustworthy website overall. It was a scam for me, and turned out to be a scam for many others. Others were luckier to where they were paid for their work. My thing is that they have some iffy things going on outside of that too. Anybody who works on there should be aware of all of this.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Can you elaborate on iffy things? What I find confusing is that some people get paid and others don't. I am tempted to get a few more hundred points to cash out by trying the app of the day, but is this a recent thing or something that has been going on for a while. If so why are people still posting?

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My bad. I thought you were one of the people who got your issue straightened out. I must have gotten things mixed up. Have they still not tried to sort things out with you?

I agree that it's good to air it all out, so that people can make an informed decision. I just think the login issue is something that may be able to be fixed. They may not actually be banned. I'm not trying to say it's all good, and I certainly don't blame you for not trusting them.

There are some iffy things that I'm not too pleased with either (like never getting a response when you contact them, for one thing.. some might, but I never do).

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That GoSignUps sounds vaguely familiar, although I can't quite remember what it's about! I'm not a member there, so I guess I don't have anything to worry about. All the same, thanks a lot for sharing, @DreekLass@DreekLass; one more site to be wary of and give a wide berth!

7. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a member of Chatabout, but have heard some good and bad things about the site. I don't think banning someone without telling them why is good business practice. How can someone improve if you don't tell them what they're doing wrong?

I can't imagine this company being around for much longer with business practices like that. I'm glad the poster, posted this info on this forum. Companies like this need to be exposed for shady practices.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    It is a site that pays you to sign up to other websites, subscribe via email address, and sign up for offers. I used to work with them a while ago, and they used to be ok. But it seems that they are falling off the wagon recently.

As far as Chatabout, they don't respond to emails, their true location is hidden and deliberately. They are using some sort of location masker, and they delete comments on their facebook page if they feel it doesn't look good for them, even if you are just asking a question. Lots of people have also been banned upon cashout, with no explination.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had no idea that they were deliberately hiding their location or anything like that.

I could have sworn I read that someone (I though it was you, like I said) wrote that they found out after the fact that they were banned for breaking a rule. I think it was some obscure rule, or the person didn't know, or something. Not that it's cool to do that either, but there was a reason, not just random banning. I'll have to see if I can remember who it actually was or find the post about it.

As far as using it for a site to save money, some of the offers aren't too bad. Unfortunately, they don't always credit you points on the site though. It would be nice to make money and save money at the same time. I did find a "tips" section that says it helps if you turn off your ad blockers when you enter another site to do their offers.

I think I'll push to my cash out (and hopefully get paid) and then take this one off my list again.

@atlmom5@atlmom5 They have been around for quite a while. Unfortunately, shady companies are the majority when it comes to online earning.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    After I was banned with no explanation, I did some digging around on the site, and found out this information. I also found that I was not the only one to have gotten banned upon cahout with no explanation or response from them. I mean, enough people have experienced the problem, so they should be clarifying if there is a rule that people are breaking, but they are not. They are waiting until people do all the work, cashout, and then simply not paying or responding. Very shady.

11. Lushlala

Threads:

Thanks for the information on GoSignUps, @DreekLass@DreekLass. Th name sure sounds familiar, but I'm not sure why i never signed up. Probably because this sort of thing just doesn't appeal to me. I feel like I already have too much of my personal information floating around without adding to that through this sort of thing hehe.

The ChatAbout thing's quite a mystery that I doubt any of us will ever be able to get to the bottom of. Too many people are reporting the same thing happening ti them for it not to be true. That's what puts me on edge!

12. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Wow I never heard of any of these shady things going on, thanks for the advice. I really like the look and feel of that site, it's really too bad. I played around on there a bit but it seems it would take forever to reach a payout, and I end up forgetting it's there because there are so many sites to read and post on more in my interests.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think you only get paid four cents for each sign up that you do, at least it was that way when I was working with them. But it could have gone down or up since. seems like nothing, but the sign up process takes little time, and the money builds up pretty fast. But there appears to be issues with being paid automatically. So I jut want people to be careful with that site now.

I would not mind if Chatabout would address the issue and clarify what the problem is, but they won't. To me, that says something iffy is going on. They pick and choose.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass...With sites these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the rate's been slashed! But it sounds like it did used to be good. The thing that worries me now is the failure to automatically pay people. Sometimes this can spell the beginning of the end of a site, the very first signs of trouble! Thanks for the warning.

The thing with ChatAbout seems to have been going on for a while now, so something tells me it won't change any time soon, sadly :(

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I heard that quite a few sites have been lowered as far as the pay, which sucks because earning money online is difficult enough as it is because of the low amount of money that people get paid, unless they own their own website, blog, or business. People should see if they have a facebook page and ask them what is going on.

16. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hmm it's rather worrying because online work seems to be regressing instead of getting better! It makes you wonder where it's going really. This is why i'm seriously considering starting on proper online freelance work. I've very slowly started working on my profile on UpWork and taking a few tests to build my portfolio. It's quite involved and time consuming, but I reckon it could really pa off in the long run.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    I would encourage you to do it. I would not wish the instability that comes with working online on anybody to be honest. The only reason I earn online, is because the thought of a nine to five makes me want to shoot myself, but then there are pros and cons with both online and offline work. Online earning has come on leaps and bounds from when I first started trying to earn online, but I don't know if it will ever be easy to earn decent money from home, otherwise everybody would be doing it and capitalism would stop thriving. It could do with less thriving though, as it is destroying the world.

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass....I can seriously relate, because if I had the choice, I honestly wouldn't work a 9-5 job. I'm so over that type of work situation and wish I could chuck in my regular offline job in favour of online work. But Alas! as we all know, online work earnings are way too low to sustain anyone, especially if you don't live at home and have all these outgoings. If I ever found an online freelance opportunity that promised me work for a whole year or two, I'd be tempted LOL

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well, I have never really had a nine to five job. All of my experiences with them have been temporary, and I found it difficult to even deal with those. The money that you get from them is enough to cover the life of one person who lives simply. But that kind of stability comes at too big of a price for me - my freedom is gone, because by the time I get home at five pm, I am too tired to do anything but sleep, and then I have to get up and do the same boring life-draining crap all over again. Online earning allows me more freedom, which is much more important to me than money or material things, but the rest of the world has not caught up to that perspective yet. I am always on the prowl for new earning opportunities online, and I am willing to change up which work I do daily if letting one go and adding another one will provide better earnings and more reliability.

20. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People get really invested, especially when they have money in the bank (so to speak) that they can't cash out yet, due to minimum payment thresholds. Even when/if we start to feel uneasy about a site, it's like, "Well, I just have to push until I get paid." Then, if you do actually get paid, you think you should keep going. This often ends with eventually not getting paid.

It's hard to walk away from the work you've done though. It's also hard to accept that a site you trusted has now gone scam. You can see a similar situation with Blogjob (not calling them a scam). People will stick around and hope for the best. In some cases, it might be worth it (maybe with Blogjob), but in most cases, it is not.

That's why it's better to use several different sites instead of focusing on only one or two. It's also why I'm always searching for more.. to replace the ones that will inevitably go belly up.