Cheap and profitable hobbies

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Gelsemium • Mar 22, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have any hobbies that can be profitable, I am getting a few ideas from this thread though, it would be a lot of fun to make a little cash in my spare time, keep the ideas coming guys! :)

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that was the original aim of the thread, that we can share what we love doing and while doing it saving or making money. For example, having a Facebook group with the parents of your kids school-mates can be both entertaining and money saving, there's a lot of useful info being share there.

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually spend time in making money in my free time. Writing and art are my hobbies so I write articles to different sites which bring me some extra cash. As others suggested website designing and graphic designing are now trending and if you have good knowledge in that you can as well give it a try. Gardening is also a cool way to earn some money in our free time.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I write, teach academic subjects and dancing as few of my hobbies that gets me cash during my spare time.

I know of a friend who loves baking and cooking and takes orders for cake and pastry making and earns real good.

I also know of a lot of people who knit and earn while others make hand crafted jewelleries and earn.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a handful of hobbies and the thing I get used to and has given me a penny is writing. When I was in college, I used to receiving a meager income from doing a research job for term paper, reaction paper, and the like as the partial requirement of the students from their major subjects.

I do also ghost writing for the politicians, religious leaders and civic leaders for a pay. Now Internet is here, in my free time especially night time, I do have to write for online writing job and also for my various blogs updates. And of course, a considerable earnings come in.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gardening is my hobby particularly of edible plants and fruit trees. Just today, I went out to distribute 8 clusters of bananas that I have harvested in our front yard. The recipients were very thankful because my banana is imported from Thailand, so sweet and with an exotic taste. I also do that to vegetables during harvest time, cassava, yam, sweet potato and other crops. Truly, my hobby is not really profitable but it is very rewarding to realize that so many people have tasted the fruits of my labor.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My hobby is reading and learning something new and this hobby has never failed to earn me some money on the side. I'm doing part time work as a freelance writer and my assignments often call for technical know how on a variety of topics. I've taken some free courses online as well as weekend courses on a local school and all of these things come in handy.

When I was still a student, I used to earn money on the side doing typing and printing jobs for neighbors. It was a seasonal thing, but it was such an easy and enjoyable job to do and it helped improve my typing speed.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    It would be great if someone can Channelize his/her hobby for generating money. It then would be a sustainable process as they will not lose interest.

As for me, I like reading story books, gardening and playing guitar, but none of them have been used for earning purpose. My hobbies are so far limited to keep myself happy.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, sadly I don't have a money making hobby, or better, at least no related with home and garden, where this thread is. I think that if I had more space I could grow some vegetables, it would be a good use for my time, and the kids with love to see them growing, and to eat them later. :)

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    This is still a future plan, but I intend to take up cellphone or computer repair skills so that I won't have to pay anymore whenever my gadgets get broken. Besides, I'm already interested in figuring out how they work, so it won't be that hard to grasp the ins and outs of how to fix them.

#30Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think there are unlimited amounts of hobbies online, that you can make a living at these days-and I do some design and writing for extra money myself and it seems like there is no end to this kind of work online. I find online work time consuming though-but if you work hard enough, I think there are lots of opportunities to turn your hobbies into quite a bit of cash. Another one that really interests me is proofreading and editing-and this looks like one,that I would like to try- this would be great for making some extra money as well and there is a huge market out there.

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would say some cheap profitable hobbies could be writing in general. If you are creative and are a good story teller you could write your own book and make a profit on it off of amazon. I guess to some extent there is streaming video games online, I'm sure if you do enough research behind it you can make a profit out of it on a cheap budget.