Cheap Apartments Vs Hotels

Discussion in Travel started by difrancprod • May 4, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Whenever I travel, I don't usually stay in hotels. I'd rather find an apartment who are accepting transient tourists because they are more cheaper than going for hotels. What about you? Do you prefer hotels or apartments?

2. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    This actually depends on what kind of vacation I am planning to have. If the vacation is about sight-seeing of historical and scenic places and the day will be packed touring the country's destination, I will book an apartment. That is because I only will be needing that place for sleeping and nothing else. So, a decent and clean bed is all I would be needing. But if the vacation is about rest, recreation and relaxation and sight-seeing is done only if there is extra time, I will be in a hotel. If the vacation is about de-stressing after a year of working, I think I deserve some pampering from a five-star hotel where all amenities and features are for guests's leisurely trip.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only stayed in hotels. If I was on an extended vacation then I might consider staying in a hotel. It certainly would be cheaper and I would be able to cook my own food. Food is one of my biggest expenses when I vacation. Tourists get gouged.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I still prefer hotels. They provide a lot of extra service and pampering that being in an apartment just won't provide. Also, I prefer hotel interiors a lot more, especially the classic ones, because you are really transported into a different area or even a different time if you choose the right ones. Being in an apartment just makes me feel like I'm at home, and if I wanted to feel at home, I'd stay at home. :D

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A less expensive apartment would help to save some money but I don't that would be my main interest, I would like to have some luxury also by having a nice hotel room.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm frugal and self sufficient. I'm not comfortable with people cleaning for me and waiting on me hand and foot.
    So if I ever go on an extended vacation, I would probably look for a basic short term apartment.
    I like cooking for myself. Since I mostly go on vacations to see the sights and have adventures, luxury and pampering are not important to me. I just need a clean place to crash at night.

Even when I did stay at a hotel, I picked a cheap and basic hotel that had a small kitchen. I bought some groceries, made lunch and then spent all day at the beach.

7. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Depends, really. I am not a lover of hotels unless they are 4/5 star, but I have also stayed in 'cheap' apartments, and boy, they were gross. So I wouldn't really go for 'cheap' anything - I guess that's what I'm saying!