Cheap but decent android tablets

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by zeus02 • May 1, 2012.

1. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I am currently using a cheap but nasty bang for the buck tablet. Bought it from Pandawill for $147 ,cheaper than most tablets out there. The name of the tab is the Ainol novo 7 elf, it features a 7 inch multi-touch capacitive screen, ICS4.0 droid OS. Can be connected via usb and HDMI, yes you are reading is right HDMI. Just run down a couple of specs.

Here is a complete Specifications list.

Model Ainol Novo 7 Elf
    CPU All Winner A10, 1.2GHz; GPU: Mali 400
    Operation System Android 4.0 (ICS)
    RAM 1GB,DDR3
    Nand Flash 8GB
    Shell Material Plastic
    ScreenSize 7 Inch
    Type Capacitive Screen
    Resolution 1024 x 600
    Visible Angle 150°
    GPS
    No
    Extend Card Support TF card up to 16GB
    Camera Yes, front 2.0 megapixels
    Gravity Sensor Yes
    Multi-Touch Yes, 5 points touch
    Flash Yes, support Flash 11.1
    Android Market Yes
    Youtube Yes
    Bluetooth
    No
    Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV
    Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
    Ebook TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2
    Skype Yes

Email and Browser Yes, built in
    WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
    3G Not built in, support 3G/WCDMA dongle
    Earphone Interface 3.5mm
    Battery 3700MAh
    Language Czech, Danish, Dutch, Russian, English, Spanish, Russian, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese
    Other Applications Office, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, Taskiller, Gmail
    Product Size 187 x 111 x 12mm
    Product Weight

Extend Port 1 x TF card port
    1 x MINI USB port; 1 x MINI HDMI port
    1 x 3.5mm earphone port

Package Weight
    Package Including 1 x Charger; 1 x Earphone
    1 x USB cable; 1 x OTG cable; 1 x HDMI cable

Here is my review:

Only had it for a month now, so far it hasnt been giving me any issues at all.
    The screen is very very responsive,comparable to the response or the galaxy tab. Battery is good, gives me a usual 4-6 hours usage over wifi. And plays great HD movies.

Down sides are for now,none its a great device!

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Yours sounds very similar to mine. It's a visual-land tablet, purchased for $150 (so I got taken for three dollars, haha!) I don't know all the specifications (and I'm not going to look them up either) but I know it uses the Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS, which I was told was the best one, and having nothing to compare it to, I agree. The only downside is that I can't download apps from the google store (and I have no idea why) but I can download apps from other stores, so I guess that's not really a downside.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I have the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora. It's the same except it has an IPS screen. It works great too, but the screen came with a few dead pixels :( It's still one heck of a tablet, though, I use to watch movies and TV series in HD and image quality is unbelievably great. The Ainol brand is pretty good, so is the Hyundai one. Pandawill is not a great store though, they've had so many bad reviews in the past for selling defective electronics.

4. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about the brand Ainol and it has some good reviews. They say that the tablet is pretty good considering its price but yes there are some issues with its display. I would say that if you don't have a budget, Ainol is a good brand to settle in but if you have some extra budget then kindle fire could also be a choice.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Ainol is actually much better than Kindle. They were the first ones to develop ICS tablets. 80% of the Auroras had dead pixels thanks to the screen manufacturer (it was Hitachi I think). They had such high demand that their quality control department approved anything so most users got a tablet with a defective screen. Still, it's one hell of a tablet.

For almost $180 I think, you can get the Aurora II, which is almost the same as the Aurora but from a screen made by LG and some other tweaks in the specs. Really worth the price, Ainol is a very good brand actually!