Cheap But Nutritious

Discussion in Food & Drink started by remnant • Jul 6, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Its a poor man's food. But hidden beneath this assumption is a
    paradox. While soup is dirt cheap and in many instances free, soup
    incorporates all the goodness in meat save for the fibre. In addition,
    alot of minerals and trace nutrients are present having leached from
    the bones during boiling. Actually, soup is a health food.

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The cheapest health foods are the edible weeds like dandelion. Edible weeds are plants that grows everywhere that people ignores. Plants like Stinging Nettle, Clover, chickweed and wild amaranth are edible and safe too eat but people ignores them despite of the fact they are free and nutritious.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, soup is cheap but filling, also noodles, whether the cooked or the artificial ones. I don't think the preserved ones are nutritious though. And you can never go wrong with eating eggs, whether it's boiled or fried.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would suggest buy canned fruit and vegetables if you are struggling financially. Fruit cocktail for example, I usually buy ramen noodles every now and again but I do not think they re too healthy. I would try looking for sales and coupons online and in newspapers, magazines and so on.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Normally I can eat two pieces of chicken, a biscuit, and maybe fries on the side and that fills me up for 24 hours. However, though, even on those days it feels better to eat an extra meal or two - but it's not necessary. Anyway, I agree soup is massively healthy, but I don't think it can fill you up for 24 hours.

6. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    I agree cheap food can be the most nutritious at times. Like how they have come up with 'soya meat'. They are chunks that slightly look like meat but are made from soya beans. They contain high amounts of proteins compared to most expensive protein meals.