Cheap Dish Recipe #02 – Tofu French Beans

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Aug 15, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a simple sauteed dish. The ingredients are 2 pieces of tofu, 1 pound of french beans, 1 medium size onion, half a clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, cooking oil.

Slice the tofu in desired size. Crush the garlic and slice the onions in minced size. Wash and clean the french beans. Fry the tofu until golden brown. Set aside. Fry the garlic until golden brown then add the onions. When the onions are wilted, add the french beans and the soy sauce. You can add a teaspoon of butter if you wish. When the french beans are starting to wilt, add the fried tofu. Stir for 1 miinute and that’s it.

2. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I like these topics, keep them coming i'm quite interested and intrigued by foreign cuisine as it is different and unique.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your tofu french bean recipe sounds good. I usually fry my tofu till outside is golden brown or at last partly golden and eat it with sprinkling soy sauce and have rice with it. Sometimes I get too hungry to get tofu golden brown, so I just make the heat higher so as to get the tofu to start browning. I love fried tofu. Now adding the other ingredients, will make fried tofu a healthier dish. Thanks for the recipe.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I like the tofu french bean dish as both are my favorite, though french bean is not really cheap here. With tofu, the simplest way we make is just to steam the whole block and add some soy sauce to serve. Some might also add some fried garlic or other ingredients on top of the tofu, but I usually keep it plain.

5. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Sound delicious, I would definitely try making that. In the Philippines, we too have cheap dish recipe that I can share.

Its called Apan apan
    Ingredients:
    • Kangkong (River Spinach) 1 bunch or tali.
    • 3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
    • 1 Medium sized Onion, sliced
    • 1 teaspoons of Guinamos (Shrimp paste) or Bago-ong Alamang
    • 1/2 cup vinegar
    • 1/2 tablespoon sugar
    • Cooking Oil
    • Green hot pepper, sliced (optional)
    How to cook:
    • Wash and clean the Kangkong
    • Remove the leaves of kangkong then cut stems to 2 inches long. Set aside.
    • In a fry or sauce Pan sauté garlic and onion.
    • Add the Kangkong and Guinamos or bagoong alamang, and vinegar stir well then bring to a boil until the stems are cooked.
    • Add the sugar and green hot pepper, you can add more Vinegar if you prefer more sour taste.
    • Let it simmer for few minutes.
    • Serve hot with garlic rice
    [​IMG]