Cheap Dish Recipe #07 – Tofu Omelet

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Aug 28, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tofu Omelet is another healthy dish. The ingredients are 4 slices of tofu (the square tofu measuring 4x4 inches), any green vegetables (lettuce, cucumber, asparagus), 3 eggs.

Slice the tofu in squares of your desired size. Fry until brown. Remove the tofu. Fry the green vegetables for 1 or 2 minutes. Beat the egg and add to the pan together with the tofu. Make sure the inside of the omelet is cooked before removing from the pan. Best to eat with buttered toast.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard this tofu words many times on the TV. But I still wonder what is this item and how it taste? I wonder if it is available here with some different name.

About omlet yes it is really good and healthy food in very cheap rates. People here often choose this when they are in hurry. Here to my parents count it as non veg so it is not allowed at my home. I can't disobey them. Though I have eat it once only with my friend.

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Tofu is actually made by fermenting soy beans. It looks very similar to Paneer which is famous in our place and we use it to make a lot of different dishes. Paneer is made from milk and served fresh whereas a tofu can be stored for a while before using it. I don't know whether tofu is available but if I get tofu I will definitely try it out. I love omelets and combined with vegetables, very healthy.:)

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, Alexandoy your recipe it seems to be very tasty, I never ate tofu omelet. In fact here a tofu package it cost around 5 -6 dollars, the regular cheese is cheaper than tofu so, I prefer the regular cheese against the tofu that is more expensive and less tasty.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe!