Cheap Dish Recipe #13 – Cabbage With Pork And Beans

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Sep 17, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is another cabbage dish but this time with canned pork and beans. All you need is half a head of cabbage, 1 can of pork and beans, half clove of garlic, 1 onion, cooking oil.

Peel and crush the garlic and slice the onions. Wash the cabbage before slicing in cole slaw style. Fry the garlic and add the onions when the garlic turns golden brown. When the onion looks wilted, add the cabbage and stir for a minute before adding a little water. Stir until the pan boils again. Add the pork and beans from the can and cook for another minute. Best to eat with steamed rice.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

Thank you very much for this wonderful recipe. The steps are so easy and simple to follow.

I like fried cabbage but never thought of this combination. You also mentioned rice and I am starting to imagine how tasty it will all turn out to be. I will definitely try this recipe. :) :p

3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds interesting and mouth watery too. I love to eat canned pork and beans as is but I never thought it's possible to mix it with veggies. I actually know another canned goods which is also nice to cook alongside cabbage or just about any veggies like "kangkong' (water spinach), "talbos ng kamote" (sweet potato tops) and even bamboo shoots, the canned sardines. Can't wait to try this one.