Cheap Dish Recipe #15 – Veggie Spring Roll

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Oct 3, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a cheap and nutritious spring roll. The ingredients are carrots, asparagus, cheese, spring roll wrapper, cooking oil.

Slice the carrots in strips. Cut the wrapper in half. Place an amount of carrots and asparagus on the spring roll wrapper and top it with a slice of cheese. Roll the wrapper. With ample cooking oil on the pan, fry the spring roll in low fire until brown. Drain the oil of the spring roll after removing from the pan. Can be eaten with rice or maybe with beer.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That is so simple and quick recipe and I like it that the ingredients are also very few and minimum required. But what about seasoning?? Cheese contains salt so it is already there but don't use other spices or condiments such as pepper or chillies or something similar to enhance its flavour? Have you tried them?

3. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I love spring rolls:). I make them frequently and I experiment by filling them up with different things each time. I will try this carrot recipe but will add spices to see how it tastes.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Your's recipe sounds simple and great :) I love eating spring rolls especially for a quick filling. I have tried some of my own with as little as only 3-4 ingredients even without using a rolling paper. I would spread gram flour paste in a fry pan and spread grated cabbage, radish and home made cheese. Fry it until brown and roll it. I prefer it eating with green chutney and tomato sauce. It's probably the cheapest and quickest recipe when feeling like eating something different.