Cheap Food Storage Tips

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Nov 30, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What are your best tips for cheap food storage? I think the cheapest one is probably saving containers from things like sour cream and whipped topping and using those bowls instead of Tupperware. On the other hand, I'd love to move away from using lots of plastic. I do like the idea that things are getting re-used, but I'd still like to have some other options. What's your go-to for cheap food storage containers or products?

2. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I reuse leftover plastic containers for food storage, such as sour cream or margarine containers, however I use them for storage only, I do not put them in the microwave. I also save and reuse glass pickle jars, tomato sauce jars, and salsa jars with their lids. I do not like to spend money on tupperware, since it really does not last very long.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We now store coooked food for a longer time because our fridge is a no-frost type where the cold temperature is constant. For pasta and noodles, we store it in clear plastic bags but for dishes with sauce, tupperware is still the best container for such. With our leftover food that we would be eating for the next meal, we store the pot in the fridge so when it is time to reheat, all we do is get the pot into the stove and that's it.