Cheap Fuel From Plastic Bottles

Discussion in Misc & Others started by remnant • Nov 6, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Many countries are having to grapple with the menace posed by plastic
    bottles which litter the countryside despite recycling programs. I
    have discovered that once ignited with some paraffin in hearth, they
    melt into a crust which burns well and can be an alternative to wood.
    Anyone tried this?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant Yes. I have ever tried it like more than 7 years ago. The plastic bottle and some thick polythene papers always burn well and for longer period. I must admit they are better than woods and charcoal. My mum and I used to light some plastics for few months but we had to stop because we learnt that the gas produced by such plastics are dangerous to the lungs in the long run.

#2Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have read that burning plastic will add pollution to the atmosphere so I am advising against it. The best way to dispose of plastic bottles is to reuse or recycle them. We keep our plastic bottles in the stock room then bring it to the recycling center in exchange for some coins. They clean and sterilize the good bottles to be reused while the broken ones are recycled.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I wonder why plastic burning is unsafe, but oil burning is safe? It seems like it would be the same. However. they were made differently.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    You are right, this is the cheapest fuel, but the smell is the ugliest and most dangerous gas for us. We have used rubber as well, it is cheap but our house smells like garbage after we used these two.
    I prefer to spend more money, in this way I take care of our health and our house would smell nice.