Cheap HDMI Cable?

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by ridwan sameer • Aug 31, 2012.

1. ridwan sameer

ridwan sameerNew Member

Threads:
    Looking to buy a cheap yet good HDMI cable that will work with a PS3 and display 1080p without any interruptions
    My current cable shows a little spots on the TV when i switch to 1080p and i was told this was due to a faulty or not powerful enough cable
    Anyway cable should ship worldwide and be relatively cheap :)

2. Ton3h

Ton3hNew Member

Threads:
    Your cable could be faulty, or even maybe the TV (though I doubt that that's the case), however, the odds of your cable not being "powerful" enough are slim to none. Despite what a lot of people say, an HDMI cable is not like a copper wire, where the maximum speed/quality is determined based on the quality of the wire. Basically, you can get an HDMI cable that costs 200$ USD, and compare it to one that costs 5$ USD from Amazon.com, and you will end up getting the same result.

I just wanted to let you know, so that you don't spend too much money on cables.

Anyway, I did a quick search on Amazon.com, and sorted the items based on their popularity, which you can find

. I hope you find something that will suit your needs.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, this is something people should know before buying HDMI cables - The clerks will usually try to lure you into buying the most expensive cables available (I heard Walmart has $100 cables that they like to try to sell to less knowledge-able users), but don't let them. Pretty much all of the HDMI cables are exactly the same, and you will not see any difference between

and Monster cable for $90.

So, really, just pick whichever your local shop has.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I am not an expert by any means but I think cheap cables are pretty much the same. If the one you're using is not working then you might just have a faulty cable and you could just replace it with another cheap one that works. I have never tried the expensive cables so I don't know if they are that much better but from my experience with regular cheap cables I have little to no complaints so I just always go with those instead of resorting to expensive ones.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did splurge on the cables when I got my first HD TV, but still only spent around $30. I have several cables now, the expensive ones and less expensive ones, and I really haven't noticed a difference in the way they function, with regard to sound or picture. I don't think it matters much. Here's a review discussing the differences in various priced cords, in case you'd like to read more on the subject: