Cheap Ideas For A Spouse's Birthday Gift

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by eagletal88 • Jan 26, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    My wife is turning 30 in a couple of days and would like some ideas what to do for her birthday.

She is a simple girl, and doesn't really like anything too fancy, but I still want to surprise her with something! I rather do something for her, rather than just buy her gifts. Plus we won't have a lot of money.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what your experience level is in the kitchen, or how often you cook in your house anyway, but surprising her with a home-cooked dinner that you do yourself would be a birthday present I'm sure any wife would enjoy! It would also be nice to include her favorite dessert, even if you have to buy that from the store maybe, depending on difficulty. If you have kids, arrange for them to spend the evening with a friend or relative so you two could have the house to yourselves.

3. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I like Steph's idea about cooking dinner for the two of you. Even if cooking isn't your best trait, I'm sure she would appreciate the effort. If you'd rather not cook, why not grab some take out for the two of you and set the table with fancy dishes, candles and dinner:)

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I love it when my husband gives me the occassional facial massage. He is not officially trained as a massuer and he just learned the tricks on the internet. The gentle massage on the face, ear and neck area are perfect for relaxation. He even continues his massge down to my arms. Sometimes it feels so good, I'm already asleep halfway through the routine. And of course, you know what follows after a really good massage. ;)

5. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah i also like steph7h ideal. I will also suggest you to do some effort for her. I am sure she will be really surprised if you don't have any experiences of cooking. Take some help of your closer one practiced her favorite desert or dish. Then just surprise her by a candle light dinner at home. It would be a lovely surprise for her. What you say.... ????

6. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    Most women just love knowing that they've been thought of. It doesn't matter what the gift is specifically, but knowing that you took time to THINK about her is much more meaningful than giving a large gift card with no personal touch.

I'd recommend planning out a whole day. It could be doing free stuff like going for a walk, checking out a cheap movie, packing a picnic lunch, or going for a drive somewhere. Maybe stop by some places that were meaningful to you both when you were dating, and have a small gift (a chocolate bar? A candle? Dollar store trinkets?) to give her at each stop.

Show her that you've spent time thinking about her- that will be even more valuable.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could organize a simple picnic either in a less populated park or on the mountaintop, complete with a birthday cake of course. Your wife may be interested in baubles with abstract or psychedelic designs so you might consider buying a funky pair of earrings or necklace for her.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah! that's what all about it. She would be glad to know that you did effort for making her day special for her. Now depends upon you which idea suits you in a better way. Best of luck.... :)

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    For me, nothing beats giving a bouquet of flowers or even just a flower. I find it very romantic. Then after that, maybe a candle light dinner cooked and prepared by you. And finally give her a soothing and relaxing massage. Isn't that romantic?