Cheap Oakleys

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by tommymac • Aug 1, 2012.

1. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I think that anyone who has used Facebook lately has seen that ad where they advertise Oakley sunglasses for $19. I think the ad takes you to a site like Oakleyvault.com where they claim to sell Oakleys for 60% off. Has anyone ever used any of these sites? Are they for real? Are they knockoffs?

2. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    I don't know the specific ad you are referring to. Fake Oakleys have been around and plentiful for decades, so I wouldn't trust anyone who wants to sell me a pair. The popularity of the scam must be due to the ease of execution. Get some cheap sunglasses, put the logo on them, and resell for massive profit.

3. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    Check out some websites that review online stores to make sure the legitimacy of the store is true.

eg. Yelp:

Also be sure to check the url carefully. There seems to be a fake oakley store going by the name of

. Notice how the fake store has an extra "s" in the url.

4. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    No, they are not real Oakley's they are knockoffs. You can buy them if you want cheap sunglasses that have the look, but they are not quality made.

5. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a pair of Oakleys before. I got them from a stall by the roadside at a Sunday morning market. The man who sold it to me said it was a secondhand pair. I paid something like $20. After about a month, it fell apart. I went to an optical shop to ask about repairs. The shopkeeper told me that I bought a pair of counterfeit Oakleys. Oh, well. A lesson learned. It was a nice pair, though. Later I did see a pair of genuine Oakleys in a shop window. The price was way beyond what I was prepared to pay.