Cheap Protein Shakes/Powders/Bars?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Alaska7 • Aug 26, 2012.

1. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    For those muscle builders out there, what are your favorite cheap sources of high protein? I have used whey protein powders in the past, as well as Builder's bars and some (mostly disgusting) protein shakes. My favorite would probably the peanut butter Builder's bars, but they're not too cheap after a while. Any recommendations?

2. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    See my post above for AllStarHealth.com - great prices, great products, fast and cheap shippping... We initially went to a GNC shop and bought a lot of different bars to see what we liked. I was mad when I found out how much cheaper I could get them for, without any memberships or discounts. Much better deal!

Two things to try: the Pure Protein (Worldwide Sports Brand) Revolution bar, and Atkins shakes. Yes, Atkins is set out as a diet plan - which works on high protein, no sugar, good taste, and more fiber than most. Give them a shot - you may be surprised..

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    At Walmart, they have a protein powder by Jillian Michaels, (the trainer from the biggest loser) One canister is $9.99 and it lasts about a month. They have chocolate and vanilla. I have tasted both, and prefer chocolate. Vanilla is ok, but you have to add fruit or something otherwise its a bit boring.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I would try Costco or Walmart for cheaper options for protein shakes and snacks. I think places like GNC are way overpriced. You don't have to spend a fortune to get fit or eat right.

5. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    The cheapest options are sites that sell in bulk and have their own non-brand protein. Cost per pound really goes down when compared to branded whey.

I'm canadian so I use canadianprotein.com but their are many USA-based alternatives.

6. KarolisMak

KarolisMakNew Member

Threads:
    Hey, i am a new guy. Usually i took care of my body passively and inconsistently, but i am prepared to make it a part of my life now. And i searched for the

(for example) on the internet and usually try to test different producers each time. Don't know if price determines the quality of the proteins (powder)... I am from Lithuania and we don't have many options buying salmon :D which is high in proteins and acids. It is expensive and i think - worthless. ALSO, we don't have such shop as Walmart. But I search for the cheap protein on the internet and usually try to test different producers, as i said. But sometimes i found quite cheap. For example £43.99 for 5 lbs. And however, real food complete in minerals is more expensive than powder. Whites of eggs.... how many of them you need to get enough amount per day? A lot. What could be the alternative to those cheap Walmart whey proteins? Could you share links?