Cheap Ways To Replace Entire Wardrobe?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Harmony Lassen • Apr 8, 2015.

1. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    I'm going off to college in the fall so I don't have much extra cash. But all of the clothes I have are either too small, or I've had since junior high and are old and worn out. I really just need to replace my entire wardrobe but don't want to spend boatloads of money. Any suggestions?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thrift stores, charity shops, consignment shops, and yard sales are good places to start looking for some gently used articles of clothing. You can also sometimes find new items with the tags still on them, at greatly reduced prices. Also, check clearance racks, outlet stores, and online sales. If you have a resource for fabric at low prices, you might even be able to make a few items yourself. Good luck.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All of the above. The clearance rack can be a great way to get some really good pieces at great prices. I will be doing the same type of shopping, I have not clothes at the moment. The thrift shop is great and you want to go on days the items are on sale to stretch you money. In my area the stores will post a color of the day and all items with that color tag is 1/2 price.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buy only what you need. If you don't have thrift shops, I've always found Marshall's great and 10 dollar mall (online) and Forever 21 can be quite cheap. Look online as they have sale items too if you don't have one near you. I used to get jeans for under $10 and t-shirts for a few dollars.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You could try selling all of them in bulk price to offset some of the expense on the new wardrobe. After that just use the money and add a bit more and find bargains where you can. I find it's great to shop for clothes at thrift shops and outlet stores, and if you really want to save you could even just buy second hand clothes online and possibly not even spend too much more than what you make off of your old clothes.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I would suggest buying clothes at thrift shops. Most of the clothes are really in good condition. Another suggestion would be online shopping. Some marketplace websites offer discounts on their items. I was not a fan of online shopping before because I'd rather try the garment first before I purchase it, but I really love the convenience of online shopping and they always have sale and freebies. It's very tempting.