Cheaper cinema days?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Strykstar • May 19, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Does your local cinema have a day where the tickets are cheaper?
    I usually have to pay $10 for a movie ticket, but if I go on Tuesdays then it only costs $6 which is much more reasonable.
    Is this common where you live?

2. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    Here in South Texas, our local cinema also have a great deal on Tuesdays. We only have to pay $5 per adult ticket. Just one of the many reasons I prefer to have Tuesdays off from work. It seems a lot of the great deals happen on Tuesdays. I wish the cinema food was discounted as well. Still have to pay full price for that.

3. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    At my local cinema tickets are £6 to see a film everyday other than on a Wednesday when they are £5. I think these are reasonable prices to see films but I would rather wait for the DVD to come out as it is cheaper in the long run.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in Toronto so I'm not sure about the other places in Canada, but we get a pretty good deal on Tuesdays as well. it costs about $8 for a ticket and if you have their rewards card, you can get an extra 10% off as well as an extra 10% off the concession stand, while still getting the same amount of points. :) With that being said, I normally go on Tuesdays. :)

5. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    In Florida, here, Tuesdays are, like, two dollars each, I think, at the local cinema. We try to go there when we can. It's fun, even if that's the theatre that shows movies a while after they've been out in the regular theatres. It's worth it to wait sometimes.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Your area does not have a discount chain of movie theater's? We call them the dollar theatre, but they are more like 2 dollars. All the time. The chain we have right now in this part of Texas is called a Super Saver 6. They get the blockbuster hits after they have run their course at the regular priced theaters. That can still be pretty fast tho, especially if there a lot of movies out that we want to see, and have to choose only one or two of the regular priced kind.

7. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    All the theatres in town here have half off on Tuesdays. I've gone on Tuesday from time to time if I happen to have time to go to a movie and it just lands on a Tuesday. I don't make sure to go on Tuesday though..

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it depends on the movie theater, but usually they have cheaper days on Mondays or Wednesdays. The biggest movie theater chain in the country is also having a promotion where everyday from Monday to Friday at 2pm there's a cheaper session. But for me as I work until 5pm that is not very useful!

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The theater in my neighborhood has $7 Tuesday. The matinee price of $7.25 is for the first showing daily. The senior price is $7. Ticket prices are just crazy. I really have to want to see a movie on the big screen to pay the regular prices.

10. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it does here. Every Wednesday is Women's Day which means ladies get to have discounted ticket price. Also, if you go for early screenings like before 11 a.m. tickets are half priced. Not bad if you're an early bird.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't think we have differences in days.

Instead, ours are differences in times. So for example, if you attend a matinee viewing that's before noon (or 2pm sometimes), then the price is slashed. This is great for moms who want to take their kids to the movies, by the way....a lot of young parents with one or two kids often show up to these viewings.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Back in the day, there was a cinema nearby that offered lower prices for students on weekdays, but I don't think that cinemas here nowadays offer that anymore. That, or I just might not be aware because I'm not a student anymore. However, there are some cinemas here that have lower ticket prices year-round, so I think that's part of the reason why promos aren't more popular here because you could just opt to go to the cheaper cinemas anytime. I have to admit that even the lower priced cinemas are starting to get more expensive nowadays, though.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly no. I would be happy to watch on weekdays if the movie tickets are much cheaper during those days. But it's not the case, movie tickets are priced the same during weekend and weekdays. I watch on Fridays though because I don't like going out on weekends. I want that my weekend be free and that I just want to be home all day. I hope though soon that we would have something like this, so I would be able to watch more movies.