Cheaper cinema days?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by phpdadeveloper • Sep 29, 2014.

1. phpdadeveloper

phpdadeveloperBanned

Threads:
    Does your local cinema have a day where the tickets are cheaper?
    I usually have to pay $10 for a movie ticket, but if I go on Tuesdays then it only costs $6 which is much more reasonable.
    Is this common where you live?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have cheap days. The only type of discounts at mine are if you attend a matinee or if you join their reward program. Their reward program isn't too bad. You get a free ticket for every 10 shows. They also give you discounts on concessions.

3. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    There are similar deals in the UK. We only go as a treat in the holidays. I save money by taking my own snacks and drinks with me. We also buy a family ticket as this is less than individual tickets.

4. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We have a regular cinema that has a specif day that is cheaper than the other days. They also have a family day and a day for seniors as well. They are all first run movies too. We have a big family so it can be very expensive to go to the movies to say the least!!!

We also have a theater that shows movies that have been out a while for $4 which is a great way to see movies on a budget. :)
    We are lucky enough to still have the drive in too! That is super cheap if you consider you get 2 movies for really cheap!!

At least there are still some options for people and families on a budget. :)

Danyel :)

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On Weekend days before noon, most theaters in San Diego offer cheaper tickets. I pay $6.00 per ticket when I go during those timeframes, and I'm always down for saving about 50% on my movie tickets. I would assume that most theaters and chain theaters offer such discounts because people aren't willing to pay full price to see a movie during early morning showings.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, but one of the two movie theaters in my city have a kind of "loyalty" program. It's where you get a card, and each time you go there, your card gets stamped and you earn points that get you closer to getting a free movie ticket. Also, on a local TV station, there are weekly contests for free movie passes.

7. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    The local cinema here has matinee times during Saturday or Sunday where tickets are cheaper by a few dollars. I rarely go or take my family because it would cost us an easy $30 for just one showing. I rather pay $20-$30 for the actual movie on DVD and watch it as much as we want to.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I think Cinema tickets are definitely cheaper nowadays. Considering we pretty much have access to movies online for free, not so many people are so thrilled to spend dollars on cinemas when you can watch movies online. I think the last time i watched the cinema was 6 months ago and that's really saying something because i used to go at least twice a month before. So yes, they better be cheaper or everyone will probably ditch the theaters for free streaming online. :p

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    One theater has discounts on Tuesdays. Tickets are normally $10.50. But, on Tuesdays they are $6. They also give a student discount that makes tickets $7 on other days. My student I.D. is five years old and I've no trouble using it.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always try to get the early morning matinees or discounted tickets. It's worth it, not only for the saving, but off peak it's quieter and you have a better choice of seats. I am prepared to work my day around getting a cheaper ticket which can be nearly half the price. The cost of a coffee and a pastry!

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've won some of those local free movie passes in the past. Those were some nice movie nights with my daughter. Unfortunately, though, I just haven't been motivated to try. Not many movies nowadays intrigue me as much.