Cheaper ebooks?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by devilishomar • Jun 21, 2014.

1. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of books that have their ebook format for the exact same price as the paperback form. Do you think this is right to do? Considering the fact that they don't use any paper or money for producing any physical copies of the book, it doesn't seem like it's worth buying the ebook format of the book than the paperback form. What about you? Do you think they should be cheaper or should they remain at the same price as their paperback forms.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I think they should be cheaper. The publisher saves a lot of money on materials, printing and distribution - why should we pay the same price? Not to mention that with digital distribution one can reach a wider audience at no additional costs. Imagine the logistics and money involved in the past in the worldwide distribution of a book, costs that are almost non-existent/much lower with e-books.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    E-books should be cheaper than regular books. You see the reason why some people choose to upload the expensive books they buy on file=sharing sites is because by doing so they'll be getting back at the writer or publisher of that book.

Good thing is I hardly ever read books these days so no matter how expensive they are, that wouldn't bother me.