Cheaper Online Shopping

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Gad • May 10, 2017.

1. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I have quite a number of times had to upgrade my phone.I visited several physically located shops in Nairobi,Kenya but my cash could not get me the phone I wanted.Almost giving up,I stumbled on an online market(jumia) and I could not believe their low prices.After doing my research I came to realize that online shopping is much cheaper and could save you lots of money.

This is normally contributed by the fact that they do not pay rent and their costs are therefore less.They also outsource products and in the process get incentives from companies leading to their fair prices.
    Since then I have always shopped for clothes,electronics and other items online.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean for I was looking for a replacement watch band for my Casio watch. The plastic band was breaking, so I went window shopping for a cheap watchband. Well the watchband I wanted costs $15 plus tax! I was so disappointed, so I window shopped online and found exactly what I wanted and it was under $2 with free shipping. I love window shopping for stuff. Plus I got ebates.com that gives cash back for shopping, but they don't have every store or shop at ebates.com.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is a good observation. But something amiss may happen while shopping online. The trouble or difficulty in trying or testing the product either it is working or not. The difficulty of returning it in case gets or is defective. And the worst, it would be a scam hidding in a better promo for a low, low price.

All these things may be avoided but not 100 percent if you trust that online store. In anycase, I have a traumatic experience in making a purchase of a battery pack for my laptop. It's too costly but I have no choice for I couldn't find any replacement in our locality or local mall. Thus, I have ordered it from my trusted online store. What happened? That battery though it is the exact description of my actual battery pack. It is as good as original so too speak, but it won't work in my laptop. So the trouble sets in. My problem of returning it for I have to shoulder the expenses.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear your bad experience @Nakitakona@Nakitakona. I do agree with you that online shopping has its own disadvantages but for the larger part you may get what you desire at a lesser price.

I am an online shopper and have been disappointed few times but for the most part it has been satisfactory and saved me a lot of cash.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think when it comes to electronic items and clothes/shoes then it's always better to buy them in person, so that when something goes wrong, then returning them would be easier, since shipping the items abroad can be quite expensive. But for other items like earphones or bags, then I think it's safe to take a risk in buying them online.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I find shopping online for electronics and find things about as cheap as they get,and you get a wider selection of products as well. A lot of people shop the local stores(physical)to find the exact product and then they go online to find the best price also. I like to read the reviews online to determine if the products are worth buying or not.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have also discovered that buying items like phones online are quite cheaper than buying from local stores. The thing I enjoy from buying at local market is I am able to examine the phone thoroughly to determine its conditions and be sure of a warranty before paying. I am not quite sure how all that work out in online purchases and what if something went wrong on the way.