Cheaper Wi-fi Means Less Stable Dns?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Theo • Sep 10, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I woke up to find that I couldn't access some sites and it wasn't the internet, but google and some other sites that I couldn't access (like the Apple apps store) . I tried to type in the DNS error to figure it out and it maybe due to my server having less responsive servers.

Fortunately I did find a site I could access with google DNS codes and it seems to be okay so far, but should a paid server really fail on not being able to access google? Google is free and is more responsive?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reason you didn't access some sites could be because your ISP blocked some sites. Why they blocked Google though I can't understand. or your ISP's DNS was hijacked by hackers. Or your ISP's DNS was hijacked by hackers. Anyway, since there's a way to work around this you can still use cheaper wi-fi without any problems.

If Google DNS isn't fast enough you could switch to Level 3 DNS or OpenDNS.

The configurations are easy.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once I was able to use google and sites that went to third party sites, I discovered it was a problem other people had using the ISP and that some people had been forwarded to phishing sites. As my brother is paying for this I'm not changing, but does indicate some flaws in the system. It's not the best wi-fi, but as the area has poor reception, I'm glad of wi-fi despite the slow speed.