Cheapest books on your recommended list?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by bmarks • Jul 3, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    What books do you recommend your peers to read for entertainment, information or activities on a budget? Why do you recommend these books? Finally, do you know of any good resources that typically has great deals on books and what is your experience with these places?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon is the first place I check for good deals on books. They have a daily deals section as well as a monthly deals section where you can find books in every genre possible. Amazon also has a pretty good free book section. You won't find bestsellers but the books in the free section are great for a lighthearted, fun read. I have found many, many cheap or free books through Amazon.

I also recently subscribed to Scribd and I am in love. Its is advertised as the "netflix for books" and that description could not be any more true! For one price, you can read unlimited books all month long. Right now, they only have 2 major publishing houses signed up but there are enough books between the two that you will never get bored! I can not recommend Scribd enough to anyone who loves to read.

I don't have specific titles to recommend so much as specific authors and series. First of all, I love the Harry Potter series. It so well thought out and multi-layered. You could read that series 10 times and still not catch everything. Trust me on that because I have done it. As far as authors go, I love Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, Jennifer Weiner, and Deb Caletti as well as others. For the most part, I will read just about any book placed in front of me as long as the storyline remains intriguing. If a story doesn't reel me in or doesn't hold my attention for more than half the book, I don't waste my time finishing it.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, the books I am about to suggest is a series. It is a Fantasy series. But it isn't like regular fantasy. It is unique and different. The Elves, Humans, and other races were created differently. The style is just unheard of in fantasy, not to mention it has a modern meet medieval feel to it. You can find it on Amazon and Smashwords, it is an e-book. It is called The Menyoral series. The first one is called Hard Luck and the second is called The Service. The third one will be out soon.

They do have adult language and adult content in them be warned. However, they are only $3 and I loved them. I really did. It made me laugh, cry, angered me. The writer is amazing.