Cheapest mediocre smartphone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by micah13 • Apr 11, 2014.

1. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for a budget smartphone that will work with a sim chip and is unlocked, does anyone have any suggestions? I guess I might be aiming at an old iphone, or perhaps a lesser known android alternative. Any suggestions? I just want to run a few necessary apps that bluestacks won't work with.

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    If you want to get yourself a cheap phone then I would suggest that you visit eBay am sure you will get a lot of them. In most cases you will be going for a second hand phone so be sure to check the condition. Also make sure that the seller is top rated so that you can buy something that is from a trusted seller and they will deliver as promised.

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest a samsung pocket or if you dont mind buying second hand then i would recommend a blackberry curve. They are relatively cheap and they would do something substantial and i think that you would get the results you want and you not spend a whole lot of money.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that the Samsung Pocket Neo is a good suggestion, you can't get any cheaper or worse than that. Android just by name because it doesn't support most of the apps and it can't really be considered a smartphone, it's very limited.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Buying a second hand phone from someone you know is a good option. Otherwise you can check older new stocks of established brands like Motorola, Samsung, Sony, or even LG for bargain prices. If you don't mind buying a China phone, there are good quality brands such as Oppo, Huawei, and Lenovo. They are sold as unlocked or openline and they can perform well. With old iPhones, you may have problems with battery life. If you're aiming for a second hand phone, get the ones with replaceable batteries.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A brand new Sony Xperia E costs only a little over $100, but you'll be able to get 2nd hand phones for a cheaper price than that. It's up to you to choose if you want a brand new phone or a 2nd hand one.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Why settle for a mediocre smartphone when a site like Ebay will have plenty of GOOD smartphones at very cheap prices? My advice is wait until you have a bit of time to kill and then spend an hour or so browsing the site, the more time you look, the better deal you might walk away with.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, why would you want a mediocre phone when you can buy a nice smartphone for the same cheap price? Samsung has a lot of cheap Android phones, the Samsung Pocket is probably the cheapest I could find. But try rummaging for cheap second hand phones on eBay, there are a lot of them out there.

9. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    A good phone would be one of the older Samsung Galaxy smartphones. They sell those dirt cheap at this point, but they don't have any power really so they can't do anything. Another dirt cheap one would be the Ace IIx, but honestly if you plan on doing anything more than calling and texting DO NOT GET IT, it's honestly the slowest smartphone to exist.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard nothing but good things about the Moto X, in fact some blogs even rated it one of the best phones of last year. Since it's been out for a few months they have likely come down on the price on it, plus it was already inexpensive to begin with, at $99 with contract when it launched. There is also a newer Moto E that is smaller, but is only $129 new and unlocked, if you don't mind the cheaper specs and smaller overall size. It is running the latest version of Android, Kit Kat. I think the Moto X unlocked runs just under $300 - which is still much cheaper than most other unlocked phones, which are typically in the $600-$700 range.

11. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    I highly recommend the Nokia Lumia 520. You can find these unlocked for $50-60 on Ebay! The performance on this phone is unbelievable for the price.