Cheapest TVs

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alaska7 • Aug 13, 2012.

1. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to buy an HD flatscreen TV, somewhere between 32" and 40". Does anybody have any advice on where I should be looking for the lowest prices? I definitely want to buy new as opposed to used or refurbished.

2. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    My parents just bought a 38 inch flat screen refurbished for 75.00 and a guarantee for 90 days. They found a local electronics repair man, who restores and refurbishes tvs, cell phones and computers. Try one in your area. Good luck!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been pretty happy with my Vizio, they're reasonably priced and well made. You could always compare prices on Amazon, and could probably get free shipping on it, if you don't mind waiting a few days for it.

4. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    If you have a costco membership check there. If your lucky you can score a floor model cheap. Otherwise Id keep an eye out for the sunday ads and wait for an advertised deal. If you can wait Black Friday should have some really great deals.

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Could get a "60 inch big-screen TV at one of those outlets stores in Queens for about $500 or less. If you live in or near New York City. But you'll have to haul it home yourself. That's the catch. They sell you the sets for cheap. Brand New. But you have to get it home on your own. No delivery.

6. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    We have a lot of stores that sell these types of televisions for reasonably low prices. Our Canadian Tire across the street has one of those television for $200, while Walmart has them for roughly the same price. You can also check out Amazon because they have a wide selection of televisions, brands and prices. Good luck!

7. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I'd go with a refurbished model or perhaps a re-stocked model if you can. Wal-Mart often has restocked televisions that you can buy at a decent discount.

If you're determined to buy new, Visio isn't a bad company. I bought a 38 inch a few years back and am pretty happy with it.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I would check on Newegg.com and they have some deals on HDTV's. I found one if you want a 40" for less than $300, you can't beat that price.

9. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    The cheapest TV's to buy right now are store brand like Best Buy has their own brand of TV's and they are very cheap but he quality is not that good if you are looking for better quality I suggest a Visio or an Insignia TV both are great brands and are at a good price.

10. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    We have always bought our TVs from local stores. Try having a look around in the smaller stores near your home rather than just all the big names, you would be surprised at some of the bargains you might find ;)

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Costco, BestBuy or even Walmart usually have great deals. Keep an eye on them!

12. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the link! That's a really solid deal for sure. I have been seeing some great deals from Target and Costco recently, it's between a 32" Magnavox for $220 and a 40" Vizio I found for $315. I'm thinking the extra cash will be worth the bigger TV in the long run... :)

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely go with the 40" Vizio that's a decent brand. Now HDTV's are very affordable because everyone has one. I might get a new one myself, but I have to shop around first.

14. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Just scored a 39" Samsung LED for $340! From a small local electronics store, go figure! It was a limited sale and got the employee discount from a friend. HDTVs really are getting cheaper by the day.

15. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I have the Best Buy brand and it works like a charm. I shop by only screen size, HD capability, and price. Nothing else really matters to me so this TV worked out perfectly.

16. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    My father purchased a 30 inch flat screen from Walmart and got 100 dollars knocked off the price. I don't remember what exactly for but Walmart always seems to have some good deals on electronics.