Cheapest way to get a lot of souveniers back home?

Discussion in Travel started by Esperahol • Jun 27, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone likes to get souveniers for the folks back home, but that can get really expensive in no time - what are alternative ways of getting everything home and of them what would consider the cheapest way? The fastest?

2. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    There are always small boutiques, way-side venders in some cities, selling stuff you can take home as souvenirs. Also smaller boutiques compete with older more established ones, which again points to better fares. Asking local people where to get good stuff at reasonable prices is a good way round this problem.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Depending on the size of the stuff you purchase, I found that sending gifts via airmail is rather inexpensive and fast. I have gotten stuff from one continent to another in about 4 days max. Bigger sh!t it would probably be better to send via shipping. But most stuff can be sent via airmail at rather affordable amounts, especially small and light souvenirs. It is not like you are going to buy someone a couch...right? That is my two cents...(-:

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's cheaper to ship it back home than to lug it in your bags and possibly pay an overweight bag fee. You also risk items breaking in transit when you try to bring them back home in your bags too. I like to look up shipping costs before I travel and buy a flat rate box.