Check out Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It's a great spot to visit.

Discussion in Travel started by Susie • Dec 2, 2012.

1. Susie

SusieNew Member

Threads:
    I like visiting Jackson Hole, Wyoming in the winter to snow ski and hang out in the town. If you stay in a hotel near town there are a lot of great restaurants, bars, shops and art galleries in walking distance. It is also close to Yellowstone for some nice day trips. Does anyone else like Jackson Hole? I haven't been there during the summer. Is it worth being there during their summer busy season for fly fishing, etc.?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have been there twice but that was many, MANY years ago! Both times were in the summer and we only stayed one night each time. I think it depends on what type of outdoor activities that you like to do. We enjoyed the shops and had a picinic in the local park. The entrance to the park has a trellis that is made up of hundreds of antlers which was something unique to see. We also visited a local ski resort hoping to ride the tram but it was closed. We also visited Yellowstone on those trips so stayed more time there instead but the people of Jackson Hole were very nice and it is a good place to visit.

3. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    We chose this hotel because their website showed rooms arranged around a nice grassy area with pool. Each room appeared to have its own exterior entrance and all looked quaint and comfortable- Wrong ! There were rooms around the grassy area, but they were the smaller rooms. The rooms with 2 queen beds were in a completely separate building. One main entrance opened to a long dark hallway smelling of mildew and mold. The rooms were off of the dark hallway. The two rooms we had reserved smelled of air freshener which obviously was a bad attempt to cover up the smell of smoke (in non-smoking rooms), and mildew and mold. The rooms were dumpy and discusting. The building was adjacent to a mobile home park which resembed a slum. Behind the building was a tent "campground" where hundreds of people were croweded into a large parking lot type campground. If you love to stay in a room smelling of mold, mildew and smoke and looking out the window at a mobile home slum or tent city- book a room here. I don't recommend it!

4. Greatdealgina

GreatdealginaNew Member

Threads:
    I grew up in Wyoming in a small town named Lovell. Jackson hole is beautiful there is no question. It truly is as beautiful in the summer as in the winter. We used to go camping on some of the land that Harrison Ford bought and built his place on. Great view from that spot.

I don't know how the fishing is up there now but as a kid it was awesome.