Chef The Movie (2014)

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DesignerMum • Dec 28, 2014.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I have just watched Chef, a movie about a frustrated chef who began a food truck business from scratch. Carl Casper, the name of the chef, began to sell food in a food truck with his son and colleague from the restaurant where he used to work at. His culinary creativity was hurt by negative reviews he received online, and this got him in a terrible spotlight, which lead to him quitting the restaurant.

If you have always wanted to know what it would be like to start a food truck business, you would want to watch this movie and see how Carl does it. He was helped by his son Percy and Martin, who used to work with him at the restaurant. They started a road trip selling good food that everybody liked. His son Percy tweeted their whereabouts and promoted the service, which led hungry consumers to their mobile kitchen. :eek: At first under the name of @ChefCasper, and then under the longer @ChefCarlCasper.

[video=youtube;wgFws3AoIUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFws3AoIUY[/video]

It's fun family movie and the music, the music is not too bad either.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I just sat down to watch this movie a couple nights ago after a friend told us we absolutely had to watch it. What a great movie! We both loved it. Having two kids near the age of the boy in the film, we appreciated the message about father/child relationships too. We both thought the soundtrack was awesome and of course, it sort of made us want to go build a food truck and drive across the country!

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I watched the movie and felt that Robert Downey Jr did a terrific job embracing the role as a down-and-out chef. It's received lots of positive reviews on sites like Rotten Tomatoes as well, I think it's one of the holiday movies that worth a watch this season!

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite movies of there. First off, it's worth seeing just for the cast alone; hard to ignore a movie with RDJ, Scar Jo and Jon Favreau in it. But the story writing is great, the acting is great and it's not the same tired old plot we see in most new movies that come out.

A bit slow at times, but certainly worth the watch if you haven't seen it yet.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Chef was a great movie and was fairly unnoticed out of the films in 2014. The cast was what initially attracted my attention to the movie, as it was a relatively low budget independent film, but had some very well known actors. This was likely due to Jon Favreau who is good friends with many of these actors. The film itself was a fantastic feel-good story which was pleasant to watch and very easy to follow. The plot was relatively uncomplicated, and slightly uneventful at times, although the overall story was inspiring and the character interactions felt very real. A great film and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

6. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually planning on watching this movie as well as another movie called Whiplash. Both are movies that I were told I absolutely must see, and both were fairly under the radar. I'm glad to hear that there so many positive reviews about this movie. It makes me want to watch it even more now.