Chemical Or Organic Fertilizer?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Apr 5, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used both and noticed that chemical fertilizers tend to work faster than organic. Fact though is if you use chemical fertilizers for a long time in your garden, in time [the chemicals will] kill all microbes in the soil which isn't great for the soil. Because of that, I hardly ever use chemical fertilizers these days.

What of you guys? Which of the two do you prefer? Organic or chemical fertilizers?

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely organic. It doesn't matter to if chemical fertilizers work faster because the end product is what I'm after. Especially if I'm starting a brand, the end product is the only thing that matters. People nowadays are very picky when it comes to their food that's why their always opting for a naturally grown produce compared to a produce that's raised using chemical fertilizers. By using organic fertilizers, I can increase my market share by a fairly large amount.

3. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    We have this agricultural farm near our house and we do used chemical fertilizers for our crops. But a recent test conducted in our place shows that there is no major differences between using organic and chemical fertilizer except that organic is quite safe and cheaper.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I still prefer organic fertilizers, like, cow and horse dung, or raw vegetables, and kitchen wastes. The artificial fertilizers sometimes prove to be very weak and slow. While on the other hand, organic fertilizers just seem to gel better with the plants and trees. I also firmly believe that unlike animal wastes, human wastes is not good to be used as fertilizer and a prohibitive and mandatory ban should be implemented by law upon any such practice, whether by a simple residential person or by a large scale farmer.