Chi Chi's Seasoning

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Lady350 • Dec 28, 2014.

1. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I used to eat at Chi Chi's 12 years ago. Itvwas a great Mecican restaurant in Minnesota, but it got closed down. I am unsure if there is another location here. If there is, I would surely like to know. I have found their seasoning in a local grocery store, but the product is rarely available. I have used it in the beginning just as taco seasoning because it does not cause gas. When I use Ortega, Taco Bell, or El Paso seasoning for tacos, I have to be gentle with the amount of seasoning packets I use because it causes gas (farting, burping, and heartburn) to my family. These packets say 1 packet per pound of meat, but if you do that, be ready for the gas. With the Chi Chi's seasoning, I invite can use as directed. Lately, I have used it for baked chicken, pulled pork, and chili. It is not taco seasoning, it is just meat seasoning and is the bomb!!

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I can understand how you feel. For years there was a Mexican Restaurant in the downtown area of the city I live that was known as Matador. This was a place where I went many times when I was downtown. So imagine my surprise when they closed down. This happened due to a fire in their kitchen and then some problem with their lease. It still seems odd to me to go downtown and find that space empty. The thing is this is a prime space around hotels and work places, any restaurant would be a success being in there. Matador was for many years till they met with an unfortunate chain of events.