Chicken, Beef, or Pork

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TuRon Davis • Sep 24, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I know this is a hard choice especially for Americans, but If you had to pick a meat of choice, would it be pork, chicken, or beef? I personally like all three, but If I had to pick, then it would be chicken. As much as I love beef and pork as well, I can't imagine not being able to eat chicken anymore. With chicken you can do so many things, and the taste is amazing. However, there are other things like bison that can substitute beef, so my second choice would have to be pork. I love some pork chops and pork ribs. What is your take on these American meats of choice?

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a straight up vegetarian as a child but I was almost forced to eat red meat because of a medical condition I had and only red meat could give me enough of what I needed to actually help me. So, with that said, I then became a huge red meat eater because it helped my body and helped to where I didn't have to take as much medicine. (I eventually got off all meds!) I have since stirred away from red meat and eat alot of chicken. There's are tons and tons of different recipes for chicken. There's not enough time to get bored with chicken.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I would go with chicken as well, I eat it every other day already as it is. I think if you know how to cook it and vary how you make it it's one of the best types of meat, especially if you actively work out. My second choice would be pork and beef in last simply because it tends to be too chewy and hard for my liking, but maybe it's because of the way people make it here.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like eating all three. Usually when I'm shopping I buy chicken because it's versatile and cheap. I prefer the flavor to pork. On special nights I'll enjoy a steak but mostly I stick to chicken and sometimes fish.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Bison isn't bad at all, I was rather surprised when I finally tried a burger made with it. It's definitely much leaner, and has a slightly gamier taste to it, but that's it really. I would buy it more often if it were readily available at our local grocers, but unfortunately the only ones that carry it must get it from someplace far away because it never looks fresh in the window.

I suppose I would have to go with chicken as well if I had to choose one. I like beef, don't get me wrong, but that would seem to be really unhealthy if all I ate was beef on a regular basis. There is too much fat and grease in it. Also cows seem to require a lot more feeding and time to grow than chickens, so it seems like chickens would be a bit more sustainable.

Plus I prefer soups based on chicken stock vs. beef stock.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather eat chicken. I do not like pork that much because it is unhealthy. I would eat beef if ever chicken is unavailable. I know that some people prefer beef because they are good for burgers and grills.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would also have to go with chicken, because it is the most common food in fast food and also in convenience stores, so when I don't have anything to eat, then I can rest assured that I will find chicken in most fast food chains. I love pork and beef too, but they are not as accessible as chicken.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It mostly depends on the type of dish, but if I had to pick one it would be beef. It used to be chicken but I'm growing more and more tired of it nowadays since I are it so much in the past. Pork is alright but not really,y favorite aside from bacon and maybe breaded pork chops. Beef is in much more of my favorite dishes such as stews and ramen.

9. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I like pork and chicken best, beef not so much. I tend to eat chicken the most tho', it's a lot cheaper than pork. But if you know where and what to shop for you'll find some pork parts that are quite good to cook in various ways. Another bonus for chicken, apart from the price, is related to health concerns. Chicken meat tends to be healthier for the body, with less fat and whatnot.

And since we talk about meat, I'll leave this Simpsons clip here :p

[video=youtube;dLGhE0sMTOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGhE0sMTOo[/video]

10. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I eat all three regularly and love them, but if I had to pick one it would definitely be pork. Shake and Bake pork chops with mashed potatoes is probably my favourite meal. Also, Bacon.

11. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not so sure because I love chicken but at the same time I love beef, I'm not a massive fan of pork though. So i eat chicken and beef regular just not pork. I don't think I could pick between those two, but I must admit a good chicken curry is one of my favourite things to cook.