China Brand Products

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Feb 5, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I almost always like buying branded products especially for things I want to be safe with, so when it comes to chargers or phones, I'd usually go for a Western brand, but for some items I always go for Chinese or generic models such as HDMI wires and USB port extensions or even cheap computer keyboards and other similar small peripherals that I know won't cause an accident or a fire if they ever broke down or malfunctioned.

What products do you usually get generic or China brand products of and where do you usually buy it from?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to avoid Chinese products, virtually all of them. Someone I know bought a phone made in China and it was dead within a year. While I understand that there are some quality Chinese products, identifying them could be somewhat difficult because there are so many counterfeits. I'd rather not find out if what I buy is legit [and of high quality] or fake. That is why I stick with products made by South Korean or Japanese companies, pricey though they might be.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You do realize that most electronics in your home come from China, right? You can't just say "products made in China are bad". Not to mention there are even well known and established Chinese brands on the tech market.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Earphones from China that are both generic and "copycats" are quite good in quality. I also bought the local brands like Awei and Kanen and the quality is good too. You can buy them in Ebay or

. Apart from that, I also have a bunch of spycams that are ok so far, but some have their little issues, but I guess that's expected.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    If one has so much concerns about buying imported things from China, simply resort to different venues and sellers who aren't Chinese - they're are nearly 200 other countries in the world of humans and hundreds of millions of markets in these places. I think the Chinese do a good job for all the cheap things they export out, being that their products are well regulated, usable, and innovative - plus the fact that the U.S.A. had to transition into a more white-collared economy to allow other upcoming nations to develop their blue-collared economies; it's a balancing act. Chinese products are generic, but this apply to all things produced in mass quantities anyways.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since the Spratly islands issue, I have boycotted several Chinese products. But just when you think you bought an imported item from the west, you end up disappointed because the product was actually made in China. I bought this pair of Chuck Taylor shoes once and was severely disappointed when it ended up manufactured by Chinese factories. How could Converse do this to us? Now it's the same for iPhone and many other companies. I'll stick with shumai and dimsum, thank you. Even if they're supposed to be Chinese food, they're made in our shores anyway.

7. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I feel like it's nearly impossible to completely refrain from buying Chinese products. And honestly, most of products made in China aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Sure, you could buy a Chinese version of something for half the price but then you're doing it simply because it's cheaper. There's other alternative Chinese products that would be just as good as Western ones but with similar pricing. I prefer looking at the items themselves/reviews to determine how well they'll do rather just their origin. Like it goes, you get what you pay for.