Chinese Phones

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by lovemwaf • Nov 7, 2013.

1. Ionel

IonelNew Member

Threads:
    Like any other cheap product bought from E-Bay, I don't recommend getting a Chinese phone. Even though there may be a few solid and cheap brands, most of the are either scams or very bad phones.

2. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even know. Off brand items seem like a bit of trouble to me. I wouldn't put too much money into something that isn't verified, because sometimes it could be well built, even better than the original product itself. Other times though, it could be so horribly built that the entire thing falls apart within 5 days, and of course that's the best part because no refunds.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a china phone in the past and at first it was doing so well but a week later its screen went completely blank.I wouldn't recommend this product too especially to those who are actively shopping from online. I learnt my lesson and now I only buy the original phone products even if it means more expensive.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Chinese knock offs are pretty great, although I won't bet much on the quality of the phone as a whole. I bought a cheap Galaxy know off also and I thought it was spot on but after a few months it just went ape****, the touchscreen became unresponsive and the buttons become loose which eventually fell off.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    There are good Chinese phones and there are bad ones. The knockoffs are really bad. These types of phones are a waste of money. However, the price of these phones from China as so irresistible that many are willing to taks the risk and try them out.
    When considering Chinese phones, it is very important that you only choose among premium brands such as Lenovo, Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi, and Jiayu, too bad HTC has already left the industry. If you check out reviews online, you will discover that these phones have specs that will put Samsung S3, S4, and Xperia phones to shame. These China phones are cheaper because these companies did not spend millions for advertising.

6. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    Unlike more well known brands like Samsung; I think quality control may be subpar in comparison (for the less well known brands as least). This will mean a increased probability of failed components and ultimately a knackered phone.

I have looked at chinese phones in the past and a lot of them seem to include quite a useful function that doesn't seem to get supported by any other manufacturer - that is, the ability to simultaneously connect and use two sim cards to the phone at the same time (that's rather useful when I have multiple mobiles for different uses)

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most Chinese phones share one common denominator. They don't have a long life-span.

A friend of mine bought a Chinese phone a few months back. It cost about $50 bucks. He used it for 6 months but bought another phone which he believed would be better. He sold his Chinese phone to another friend of his who thought it was cool. Two months later, the phone just died.

Unless you want something cheap you are willing to replace every other year, it would be advisable to avoid buying Chinese phone.

8. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    Chinese are masters of copying existing technology, but they do it in a cheaply constructed no warranty, will fail on you within a year, way, so when it comes to something I use everyday and my work, and many other things depend on it, I just don't go fooling with cheap phones, cause it can cost me a lot more than those 50$. And besides, there is a saying "I am not rich enough, to buy cheap stuff"

9. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I think that the reputable Chinese brands are actually making good products that rival the more 'famous branded' ones for a much cheaper price. So if you are looking for a phone that has the speed and specs, for a bargain price, I think these phones should be considered. As far as I know, even tech sites are starting to review them and most of them got praised for their build quality and pricing compared to the more well know brands.