Chinese

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kidensika • May 20, 2013.

1. kidensika

kidensikaNew Member

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of chinese. A few years ago i had some and threw up on 2 seperate occasions. I was recently however forced to have some chinese and it was actually ok. Im now torn. Was it probably just how it was prepared at the first place or is chinese actually tasty

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it pretty addictive personally, not to mention very filling. The other thing I like about Chinese food, such as takeout, is that you get quite a lot of food for your money. I can buy a pint of house fried rice and it will last me like 4 meals. It also does take a little trial and error to find which Chinese restaurants are good in your neck of the woods. Some are really skimpy with their meats, sauces and portions while others load their dishes up. One of them near me, for example, makes awful fried rice. It's literally just fried with a bit of oil - nothing else is added. While another one in my neighborhood makes killer fried rice loaded up with bbq pork, onions, scallions, bean sprouts, etc... One makes really good general tso's chicken while another one tastes like they just dumped a bottle of fake maple syrup on the chicken.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have had some Chinese food that was so terrible that it made me sick. I've also had chinese food that was incredibly tasty. I think it depends on where you go for it, who prepared it, etc. I've had Chinese food made in a classy restaurant with tables and waiter such and it was so incredibly awesome.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I guess that it's like wine. Not everyone likes it at the beginning, but after a few tries you start to notice the taste and enjoying it. You jut have to have someone who can guide you through the experience and give you some tips.
    Also, where you eat is very important!

5. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I find Chinese food really great because the food carries usage of Vegetables and Sea food... Both are proven to be very healthy :D

6. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I go to chinese restaurants with my family every once in a while. I only like specific types of food, mostly the fattening ones and not the vegetables. Foods like Lo Mein, or General Tsos Chicken are delicious! I only like some type of greens like Peas, and green beans. Be careful which chinese store you're going to, or ordering from though.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    There is a local chinese place that has the BEST food. I'm not kidding! It's only pick up, and only cash... but yum yum yum!!! At lunch they have a nice lunch special... but at night, look out! Feeding my fmaily gets pricey!

8. liverr

liverrNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with ohio, its a hit or miss game when it comes to Chinese food. Some Chinese places don't do as well a job as others although their menus may be similar. Also, you definitely get much more food for what you pay than other places. Overall, once in a while I get an itch for Chinese and it a cheap and tasty meal since I know where to go for it.

9. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    If you know where you get the right kinds Chinese food .. I don't think anyone would miss the opportunity to eat a meal which is full of taste...

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can eat some Chinese food like soup and noodles, but when it comes to raw stuff, count me out! I will never eat uncooked food.

11. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I like Chinese cuisine because I grew up eating Chinese food, which I'm also Chinese. I eat Chinese food everyday because that's the only cuisine my parents can cook. I usually eat traditional Chinese food, which consider eating chicken and fish with bones. The favor is actually inside the chicken and fish meat. I'm not a big fan of fish, but my parents like it because it contains omega-3 and is very healthy.

12. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    LOL! Chinese is unquestionably tasty and addictive. My favorite cuisine is Chinese and I almost die for it. I'm highly addicted to this kind because it actually is yummy and appetizing and has a taste which pulls anyone towards it. The veritable banquet in its preparation and presentation typifies all of the culture and culinary arts that have been perfected over centuries and is a comprehensive amalgam taste and manners. I love eating spicy noodles and I bet, nothing can become a substitute for it.

What I suggest you is just try different Chinese recipes and I'm very sure you will be a reflection of mine in this regard.

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love dimsum! I'm quite addicted to it especially eating at night. Eating Chinese food is for some reason relaxing for me as well.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Chinese food. I have never gotten sick eating it except for once but it was cause I ate the food than had some drinks and it didn't mix well lol. So it just depends what you mix it with and how it's cooked I guess.

15. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Chinese food has always been a favorite of mine. I had a bad experience one time also. I found a tie that is used on a raw chicken bag in my egg roll. This did not steer me away from Chinese food all together, I just will never go to that establishment again.

16. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I'm not a bif fan of Chinese either because most of the times I don't understand what I am eating and there's always too much grease on it. My wife does love it, so we eat it from time to time, it's always a cannonball in my stomach.

17. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy eating Chinese food, but I am just like you I can not eat it all the time. My stomach is very strict and it likes its usual's. I mean I am one of those people who love to try new foods, but I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't try anything new ever lol.

18. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    I have a terrific little Chinese takeout place just a few blocks from my front door. Not only is it the best Chinese food in Arizona, they give you so much that you need a wheelbarrow to carry your order out. My only complaint about the place is that I can never decide what to get because everything on the menu is so delicious.

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say it's the place you ate at first. If made correctly, it's actually pretty addictive. I haven't had it in years, but once in a while I crave it. I have eaten at places that, if I had a weaker stomach, I likely would have thrown up too. Blech..