Chipotle Having E Coli Outbreak

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jasmine2015 • Nov 3, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I was watching the news today and it covered the story about the restaurant Chipotle. In some places there has been an outbreak of e coli in Washington but nothing is being said about the restaurants here in illinois. The funny thing is that I had Chipotle in the last couple of months but no stomach problems or anything like that. Ever had a restaurant scare like that before?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read about this too, but I think in general fast food places are more likely to have outbreaks, but they are usually kept quiet. In this case the number of people with the same symptoms seemed to be quite high and of course it's bad publicity as this is quite a reputable chain.

Anyway with food is susceptible though and it maybe that this particular area had a batch of ingredients that were used. They are still tracking the source down as to what people ate in common.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I hope they can find and eliminate the source, it seems like it might be hard to do with all the different ingredients they use. It's a shame they have to close down so many stores because of the outbreak, but I am glad they are doing the right thing instead of trying to keep it quiet and potentially make more people sick.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's likely that the food served in the Oregon and Washington branches will have come from a different distribution center to the Illinois branches. That's where the source is likely to be found, at the warehouse. It's likely to be contaminated meat or food that has been improperly stored.

5. lookatalthea

lookataltheaMember

Threads:
    This is such a scary thing! I live on the other side of the country but this stuff happens everywhere. I already don't eat red meat, and I feel like the more I think about it, the less I want to eat ANY food! I can't imagine unsuspectingly eating a taco and ending up with e-coli. How terrible. The stuff that goes on in the agriculture industry in this country is so horrifying. I still eat chicken and fish though, because being a vegetarian or vegan is really hard work. I don't have enough time to plan meals to that extent, and I would probably end up eating pizza and pasta every day! And that being said, I do eat Chipotle, and I ate it yesterday!

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got very shocked with this story, specially because I am a big fan of Chipotle. I love their food and always considered it very good quality for the price and for being a fast food chain restaurant. I’m hoping this is under control, I wouldn’t stop eating there forever because of this.