Chipotle

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tiffaninichole • Nov 27, 2015.

1. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    I've never been, but I am so curious about Chipotle. We don't have one in our area, but if we did, I would have tried it out. I've heard about this place on so many shows. Seems like everyone is talking about and loves Chipotle. Have you ever been? If so, does it live up to the hype? What kind of food do they serve?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Want burritos? You'll find them in a Chipotle restaurant. Like Tacos? Yeah. Chipotle serves mainly Mexican food.

But I wouldn't say that everyone loves Chipotle. In fact they've been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons. An E-Coli outbreak was linked to them and I suppose this will negatively impact their business for a while.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's fast food and it's not really any different from other places except the type of food they serve. They are expanding because the trend of burgers and chicken wings are seen as unhealthy, and people are opting for other kinds of fast food.

I don't think everyone loves it, but people always want to try something new. Many teens like it because it's a cheap place to hang out.

4. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    Oh, I was under the impression that it was a sit-down restaurant that served quality food. With how I hear people go on and on about it, I never would have thought it was fast food. LOL. An e-coli outbreak? Whoa, I haven't seen that in the news!

But I definitely DO love burritos and tacos. LOL.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When the first locations opened near us back in 2007, their food was fantastic. The employees were all upbeat and very helpful, the food was cooked well, and the lines moved along reasonably fast considering how busy they were. Over the years though the service seems to have gone downhill a bit, and the lines move rather slow. Also, they are frequently out of stuff by the time you do get to place your order. Or whatever they do have left is dried out or not so fresh looking. They're still a better value though and have better quality ingredients than Taco Bell. I recently complained on another thread how I recently went to Taco Bell to get one of their steak burritos, which was already expensive at $4.99, and then they also charged me another $2 for a small soda. I would have rather just gone to Chipotle and got one of their burritos for about $6.50. I like Chipotle, I just don't love it like I used to. Is it just me or have they also gotten a bit stingier with their meat?

6. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Chipotle. Everything is out in the open. Think of this like subway where you can tell the people what ingredient you want and how much of it. I know Chipotle has had problems with e coli in some places but it's not in all places. Besides, at least Chipotle has gmo free ingredients. How many other restaurants have suffered from e coli? That is not stopping people from opening restaurants and going to them.