Choice Plane Seats

Discussion in Travel started by Corzhens • Jun 29, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For $10, you can get a choice seat particularly in the first row. In our recent trip to Hongkong last weekend, we paid for 2 seats in the first row because my husband is always complaining of the cramped leg room of the Cebu Pacific plane. Why complain when we had the tickets at discounted prices? But my husband countered that we are going on a vacation so why not pamper ourselves with a choice plane seat. Hmm, no arguments, okay.

Would you pay $10 for a good seat on the plane or just be content with the cramped leg room of the ordinary seats?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't consider it high on my list of luxury. Note, I'd rather have a cramped seat on a plane, then have something like bad web hosting or forum software. Anyway, though, that situation might change if I had some medical problem which demanded it.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have never paid anything extra to choose my seat. I have always preferred the front row window seat if the flight is for a short duration For long trips I choose the aisle seat as it is easier to get up to go to the restroom as also to walk a bit to stretch out.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest I really do not think much about what seats I will have, as I am uncomfortable enough just being on the plane that this really does not make a difference. I may as well just stand the whole time.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind paying $10 for a comfortable seat with more room leg for obvious reason, I am 184 cm and feel uncomfortable during frequent long trips (12-13 hours) from my home town to Sydney. I generally travel by Air Asia or other cheaper airlines to save money and if anyone knows about AirAsia it's worse than a luxury bus. The fare are so low that I would not mind paying $10 for the sake of my legs as I pay for check in luggage and meals already.

6. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really travelled by air before but hopefully sooner than later I will enjoy that experience. But I do travel with other means of transportation and there is not comfortable about seating with a leg cramp all through your journey time. This is not good ones health as it disrupts proper blood circulation in the leg.

So with regards to traveling by plane, I wouldn't consider having a leg cramp just to save money when I have the option of getting a comfortable seat that would make my journey a memorable one. So I will gladly pay the $10 with no questions asked as long as it guarantees my comfortability in the flight.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    It is not such a big difference, for a personal choice of your seat you pay 10 dollars we pay 15 dollars here. To be honest, I do not choose my seat, I prefer to save some money and take the seat they offer me. With those 15 dollars, I prefer to buy something to my son than throw them away to an air company!

8. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    If the trip would be about 1-2 hours, I will not bother to ask if there is a way to choose seats. If the trip would last 10 hours or more, I would definitely grab that opportunity. Especially with Cebu Pacific planes.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Its depend on comfortable. If we are getting more comfort then surely I will too pay that extra 10$ as it is not that big amount. But if it is almost same compare to others with little bit of extra space then yes I will adjust with anything. So it depends on the comfort level. But yes 10$ is not big amount so I won't mind to go for it.